“Perfect place to stay...couldn't be better!”
Review of Ada's Place

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Quincy
Ada's Place
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Quincy
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We decided to visit Quincy because it was at a good elevation to do some hiking in the winter. We booked Ada"s Place based on Tripadvisor reviews, and found it to go beyond our expectations. We stayed at Hopsing"s cottage which was ideal for our family of 5. The cottage was immaculately clean, and well equipped with a lot of thought invested in meeting any requirements for an enjoyable holiday. The hosts were charming, friendly and welcoming...... especially when we encountered some problems on a road with snow and ice which made our trip both adventurous and memorable! The cottage rates were very reasonable, and the accessability to the town was perfect.
As to the town of Quincy.....what a wonderful find! From the organic produce store, to the cafes, the ideal wool shop and finally to the modern Drunk Bush wine bar ( a taste of a city wine bar) We were impressed by all.
So many times we were asked "What brings you folks to Quincy?" Well, we can attest to it being a great place to visit, with beautiful scenery, great atmosphere and a community of helpful and welcoming people, where being friendly to others is put first. And when in Quincy, Ada's Place is top of the list for accommodation.
I give Ada"s Place a top rating. We will return!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank labolsa
Valerie N, Owner at Ada's Place, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

HI Hillary,

Thank you for the wonderful review of Ada's Place and our sweet little community. It was great to have you and your family join us for some winter adventures. I hope to see you all again in warmer times and to take you hiking around our beautiful area. Happy new years wishes to you all!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Had to stay overnight in Quincy for work. Ada's was recommended to me by a colleague in Plumas County. I stayed in Ruth's Garden cabin. What a sweet place. The decor was perfect for the setting. The room had everything I would have needed (other than food) to prepare full meals. I wish I would have planned ahead. I will definatly return to Ada's with my family. Next time fun, not work :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank micki r
Valerie N, Owner at Ada's Place, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Hi Micki,

Thanks for the thoughtful review! I hope to meet you and your family when you come back to play and not work. Happy holidays to you and those you love too!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Visiting relatives in CA - my wife and I were on a weeklong tour to Yosemite, returning through Plumas county to see the autumn foliage.
On the Plumas County homepage we had seen several photoes posted by "Ada's Place" - so we decided to stay the night in Quincy and look up this "Ada's Place".
We now can recommend this place to anyone visiting this area ! !
Very nice place - beautiful cottage with everything you might possibly need.
The bathroom seemed to be ABSOLUTELY brand newly refurbished.
Most velcoming host, and very nice and quiet neighbourhood.
For breakfast we can equally recomment the COURTYARD CAFE - just a few 100 meters down the road.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank erikdk9940
Valerie N, Owner at Ada's Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

The absolute best part of owning a small lodging business is that we get to meet people like you who enjoy our beautiful seasons in the Sierra and staying with us while doing it! Thank you for your thoughtful review and we hope you get a chance to come back and visit. I am going to share your very nice comments about the Courthouse Cafe with them so they can start the day with a smile too.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My knitting group gets together in Quincy, CA each fall. This is the second time I've had the pleasure of staying at Ada's Place. I have stayed in two of their four cabins and loved both. Felt at home from the moment I stepped in the door and put down my bag. You won't go wrong if you make this your home base while you enjoy beautiful Plumas County. They don't have a pool, but the gardens are lovely and there isn't a fitness center, but you can make that up by walking around and enjoying the town.

Room Tip: The cabin descriptions and pictures shown on their website are very accurate. Hop Sing is the large...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Valerie N, Owner at Ada's Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you Virginia for the lovely review. It is wonderful to see your smiling face and know that you are coming to town to do something you love to do...knit with extraordinarily talented Medrith at the Wool Room!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Perfect location, very clean and reasonably priced. We stayed for almost a week renting both "Ruth's Garden"and "The West Wing" which connect to form a large space perfect for our family. The owners are very responsive and pleasant. We will definatley stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank NewHampshireDad
Valerie N, Owner at Ada's Place, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you Scott for taking the time to post a review. It was a pleasure to meet you and your sweet family of charming "girls" who came to visit your boyhood home and wonderful grandparents. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Spent 3 nights recently and loved every minute of it. The rooms were very nicely appointed in every detail. Felt like home away from home; very comfortable. The owners were very friendly and helpful. The gardens are a sight to behold and soooo lovely. The location can't be beat within walking distance to great shopping and dinning. I will definitely return as often as possible.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ferol B

Thank you Ferol for your generous comments. It was a weekend full of joyful moments spent with a group of wild, wonderful and intelligent women. We always look forward to your visits!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

My girlfriends and I just spent 4 days at Ada's place and I can only say it was THE BEST! The location is perfect, within walking distance to restaurants and shops, the gardens are to die for, the cottages are immaculate and the owners are very helpful and not to mention funny.
Looking forward to my next visit and I highly recommend Ada's place as a destination for your next vacation in Plumas County.

Room Tip: They are all quiet and they all have a great garden.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank MarthaGonzi

As always Martha, when you come to visit you bring bundles of joy and laughter and leave a trail of pleasant memories. You set a high bar as one of our favorite guests! Thanks for taking the time to post.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Quincy
Chalet View Lodge
Chalet View Lodge
#1 of 4 in Graeagle
Gold Pan Lodge
Gold Pan Lodge
#6 of 7 in Quincy
Greenhorn Creek Guest Ranch

Been to Ada's Place? Share your experiences!