“Small but good”

Cuisines: Mexican
Clovis, Ca
“Small but good”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My stomach is sensitive, and can't eat here anymore. The tacos are bomb, and I love their refried beans. Service was good. The place is small so have fun waiting! They serve big portions. With some of the meals, you get a little rico salad before hand.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank hea1t1her

Visalia, California
“Good well priced food”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Being so far from the main cities in the valley I would have thought they might be a bit pricey, like the place above in Shaver Lake. Good Mexican food at valley prices.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bruce T
Murrieta, California
“Fabulously fresh!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love stopping at Velasco's for the best Mexican food I've ever had! That says a lot, since Mexican food is not generally my favorite! The food is very fresh. The chips seems home made -- very hot! My colleagues love to get burritos of any kind; I enjoy the tacos. The cooks will make you anything you want (don't worry if want you want isn't on the menu). The service is always top notch! If you are taking food out, the staff works extra hard to get your order done quickly.

Do yourself a favor and eat here!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Lepha
Portland, Oregon
“Great Price and Delicious Plates”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Living here in the San Joaquin Valley which is largely hispanic you might expect some decent mexican food. Well, it's the complete opposite. We had to travel 40+ miles just to get to a place that knew how to wrap a burrito. Velasco's was a real treat after a hike in the foothills above Prather. Our only negative comment is that they are too far away from our house in the Fres-no.

Will definitely return and recommend.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Happiestbaby
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,777 helpful votes
“My New Fave Mexican Restaurant In The Central Valley!”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Yesterday afternoon we had business in the Prather area and decided to stop at this restaurant for dinner. We have been here a couple of times for dinner in the past on our way up to our condo in Huntington Lake. I had forgotten how awesome this place is! The ambiance is very colorful and the service is so friendly and efficient. My Strawberry Margarita (no hard liquor is served here) was served in a frosty mug and was full of delicious strawberry flavor. I also loved the Salsa at this restaurant which is not too spicy, just perfect. Chips were very fresh, also.

The entees are served with a small tostada with guacamole, a very unique extra. I had the Chicken Enchilada and Chili Relleno combo which was perfectly prepared and the enchilada sauce was fresh and tasted very good. We love Mexican food and this place is about as good as it gets here. On your way up to Shaver or Huntington Lake, don't miss this place if you love delicious Mexican food. The combo dinners that include the tostada are only $7.50 which is an excellent value.

• Visited March 2012