“Good Breakfast”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating
California
“Good Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Ate here twice for breakfast while in the area visiting family. The food and service were both very good. No complaints. Nothing fancy. Service was better the first day, our waitress got the order wrong on both breakfasts the second day. Juice never arrived the second day and we had that removed from our bill. Overall good and would eat here again.

• Visited July 2012

Denver, Colorado
“Great pie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

Stopped in here late at night to have a slice of pie. I had the coconut cream, and my wife had the chocolate cream.. we ate half and then traded... a great late night snack... my only complaint would be that they were very short staffed, and the waiters and waitresses were running around like idiots and the patrons were getting a bit short tempered about the slow service.

• Visited June 2012
San Diego, California, United States
“GREAT PLACE TO EAT BREAKFAST,LUNCH OR DINNER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

This restaurant,located on Poway Road is a great place to take your date or family or anyone for that matter. Newly remodeled this restaurant has really good food and the waitresses their are so nice, and very professional. Ask for Cindy or Christy,you won't be disappointed. They also have new dishes in different autumn colors. And the pies are wonderful, especially the bannana cream with walnuts on top and whipped cream,mmmmm!!!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank CarolA268
Poway, California
“You Can do (MUCH) Better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2011

I used to like the CoCos in Poway when I lived here before. I moved back last month and went in for dinner last night. Not a good idea. Food was ok and the servers were busting there butts, but they had to be the hosts, cashiers, bus the tables, make the salads and deserts and, oh yeah, take the orders and serve the meals. Unbelievable. Those poor kids! Apparently, (according to a Bing Search) some Japanese corporation bought the chain and put their Japanese efficiency plan in place. I tried to relate my thoughts to the manager on duty (such as he was), a small middle eastern fellow named Ken, but he just argued with me as the servers busted there butts and he did nothing but harras them. What a jerk. Anyway, I'll be avoiding all CoCos from now on. Too Bad. They used to have great pies. Maybe still do. (the Harvest pie at the holidays was killer) . But I can't tolerate how the amangement seems to treat the customers (at least me and a senior couple) and employees.

• Visited February 2011
San Diego, California
“Not very impressed with the food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2010

My wife and I went to eat there while they were having a special menu with lobster options. I ordered the shrimp with kapers which is what I always oder when I go and I thought I'd try the shrimp and lobster with kapers meal and I was not impressed at all it tasted like someone had taken it out of a frozen bag and heated it up for me. I know that cocos is known for good pies and they are good but the food is not very good. The service just depends on the time of day and who you get. They are over priced for quality of food you get.