“Great Pizza for Years”

Order Online
Ranked #7 of 152 Restaurants in Poway
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed November 26, 2018

This is our go to place for pizza. We live over 20 miles away, but will bypass several other places to have pizza. A great tomato paste base covered by an ample portion of topping you choose - we like pepperoni and sausage. Then its covered with a large topping of real mozzarella cheese. Don't even think about asking for extra cheese. Since each pizza is made from scratch, we often order an antipasto salad, which almost always comes to the table to be consumed just about the time the pizza is delivered. Salad is covered with a dressing that is wonderful. Suggestion, get a small bowl of dressing on the side for dipping your pizza crust. Get a glass of wine or a cold beer and ahhhhh. If you want other Italian dishes, they are plentiful and you will most likely take some home. If you want pizza or Italian food, stop in. I think you will be very happy.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Skip M

Reviewed October 2, 2018

My wife and I stopped in here while running errands and appointments in the Poway area. We had time for a very quick lunch and chose this place as it was easily accessible and has a reputation for good food.
It is located off Poway road which gave it easy access. There was plenty of parking and the exterior is well taken care of. Once we entered it was after the main lunch crowd and we were seated immediately. The hostess was very welcoming and polite. Our server who's name I unfortunately I did not get was at our table very quickly after we were seated. We explained to her that we were in a hurry and she took our orders right then. Our meals were delivered quickly and were wonderful. Just for ease we both ordered sandwiches and we both enjoyed our meals. Quickly we were asked if there was anything else we needed and the check was delivered. We were in, and out in what seemed to be 20-25 minutes.
The hostess, wait staff and kitchen were all awesome! Our only complaint was with ourselves! We were in to much of a rush to really enjoy the dining experience.....oh well, I guess we will have to go back! Highly recommend this place....they are awesome

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

We have been going to all the Filippi’s grits since we were young. This one is Poway is definitely tops. Last night the service was amazing and the food salad and pizza were delicious . They make there own Italian dressing there and it sure is good. We will definitely keep going. Ack to that location.

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Real Italian dishes, plus a wonderful Antipasto salad

Large portions and great service. An inexpensive way to feed a large family.

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

When I was stationed in Miramar, I lived in Poway. This quaint little restaurant with amazing pizza was just down the road. We raved about it to all my family who lived up in San Bernardino, and when they would come visit us we would always treat them to an amazing pie.

I’ve been out for almost 10 years now, but frequent my old stomping grounds as an escape from the Inland heat. Thankfully, nothing has changed. The pizza is huge and flavorful. The toppings are plentiful, though hidden beneath a generous quantity of garlic infused cheese. The crust has a crisp while still maintaining a softness on the inside. We visited this weekend and had only pizza, but I’m pretty sure their lasagna is just as amazing as it was when we used to frequent the restaurant. Impeccable food and great service. Eat here.

Date of visit: July 2018

Been to Filippi's Pizza Grotto? Share your experiences!