“If you have pets, this Hotel Rocks”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ramada Poway

Ramada Poway
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Poway
San Diego, California
“If you have pets, this Hotel Rocks”
Reviewed June 8, 2009

I had to move out of my condo for some renovations and needed a place that allowed cats. This hotel showed up on a pet friendly hotel search engine. I called the hotel and the person that answered, Jeff , was incredibly nice, courteous and helpful. He confirmed the hotel does allow pets. As I had to go to work, I was fearful of having housekeeping come into the room while I was gone as the cats just might try to escape. He made sure that no one entered my room. Free coffee and juice each morning was nice as well. The room was clean and was big enough for me and my cats to have space. The location is great for Inland North and not too far from Downtown and the Ocean.

• Stayed May 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 23, 2009

Our family needed a reasonable place to stay in the area while attending a family wedding. We were a bit wary after reading some of the other reviews, but pre-paid and were unable to make alternate plans. Thank goodness we didn't!
This place was really great for the price. Rooms were clean and well maintained, location was ideal and the staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating.
Definitely recommended.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 3, 2009

Compare the Poway Ramada with the way over-priced chains nearby and you might just pick this one. We do, every time we visit our family in the area. Yes, it's a bit old and the room we had was a tiny maybe musty, but housekeeping did a superb job keeping the room clean. The two queen beds were just fine. Wireless internet worked fine, and there's a "public" computer with a printer available, too. We used the in-room fridge, m-wave, TV. Everything worked. The spa and heated pool were fun for the family, even in December. We found all the staff helpful and friendly, offering to meet any needs. The breakfast was as good as you'll find, with those make-your-own flip-over waffles, fresh baked stuff, hard-boiled eggs, and more. The property itself is well maintained amid a quiet garden atmosphere - no road noise. Like one of the earlier reviewers, we were annoyed with people smoking right outside our door, and politely asked them to move.

• Liked — An alternative to the over-priced properties nearby; friendly staff; pool & spa; breakfast buffet
  • Disliked — Other guests - smoking outside our room; backing trucks into parking spaces (exhaust fumes)
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
seattle
Reviewed November 25, 2008

Rooms were old and moldy. The shower went from freezing cold to burning hot everytime I took a shower. The remote control for the TV didnt work. We got another one from the front desk, but that one didnt work either. People were smoking right outside of our room. We got locked out of our room everytime we left, our keys wouldnt work and had to get new keys from the office.
The Best Western down the street is 100 percent better.

• Liked — close to my sisters home
  • Disliked — the hotel needs a major facelift!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank runnerlady
chicago
Reviewed August 17, 2008

I booked this place because of its location but when I went there, everything was dirty. The carpets were sticky and there was mold in areas of the room. The towels had hair on them and the sheets had stains all over them. Wouldn't stay here another night even if I was paid a million dollars.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank roadwarriorforlife
Poway_GM, General Manager at Ramada Poway, responded to this review, August 20, 2008
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. I am surprise nothing was ever mention to us while you stayed here.

In an effort to compensate you for your experience, we would like to provide you with a 50% discount during your next stay. When calling to make the reservation, please ask for me and I will personally assist you.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 1-858-748-7311.

Ramada Poway, California
sd_mike99
Reviewed November 25, 2007

I was sent a confirmation letter from [--] with one room rate for senior citizens. Then a few days after I checked out I went online to view my MasterCard bill. This Ramada Limited had billed me $40 more per night for a 2-night stay.

I called the 800 number for Ramada, but was told it was up to the owner of the motel.

I then contacted the motel and was given a printout of what they state was the correct rate. I gave them a copy of my confirmation letter. But based on the conversation I am not optimistic they will rectify this. (I feel it should have been taken care of with a simple phone call.)

Lesson learned I suppose!

I should have not taken advantage of the convenient quick checkout and simply left my door key in the room and left without stopping at the front desk.

So far I have contacted Ramada Inn Customer Service to lodge a formal complaint - and have also filed a dispute with my MasterCard and e-mailed the local Better Business Bureau.

Michael T.
Rancho Bernardo, CA 92128

Other issues:
Poorly trained staff who could not even answer a simple question about which channel to select to get a local CBS affiliate.
A cable TV package *without* ESPN, ESPN2, CourtTV, MSNBC, CNBC and the Comedy Channel. Yuck! I watch these programs 90% of the time.
A TV Guide in the room whose listing did not match what was actually available.
No vending machine for soft drinks and/or bottled water.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Billing dispute - even with online confirmation letter from Ramada.com
  • Stayed August 2005, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank sd_mike99
Poway_GM, General Manager at Ramada Poway, responded to this review, July 17, 2008
Dear Value Guest:

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 858-748-7312.

Ramada Poway, California
Michigan
Reviewed October 20, 2007

Let me say off that bat that you have to INTEND to go to this Ramada-----it's not exactly right off the highway. And yes, the small fridge is handy. But------The first day we discovered that the drink glasses in the room were covered in toothpaste and who knows what so I returned those. That night we discovered the pillows were very lumpy. The next day, we discovered that the cleaning staff had thrown out a Trader Joe's bag that had few unopened groceries in it. The next day we checked out, though had intended to stay longer. Enough was enough.

• Liked — Mona (front desk staff) was helpful and efficient
  • Disliked — cleanliness was an issue, housekeeping staff threw out a bag of groceries, etc/
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank maresa02
Poway_GM, General Manager at Ramada Poway, responded to this review, July 30, 2008
Hello Dear Guest,

I just want you to feel confident about our Hotel in Poway, CA. We have done a vast amount of upgrades and corrections, making the property ready with all of you in mind.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make it better.

Ramada oway
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poway
BEST WESTERN Poway/San Diego Hotel
La Quinta Inn San Diego - Miramar
Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway
Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch
Radisson Hotel San Diego - Rancho Bernardo
SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway

Been to Ramada Poway? Share your experiences!