“Disappointed”
Review of The Terrace Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

The Terrace Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: American, Bar, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Experience Style-Flavor-Friends. The Terrace!As you enter The Terrace Restaurant and Bar, you’ll discover a hidden treasure, colorful crowd, romantic patio, and elegant displays of eclectic New American cuisine.Everyone deserves to unwind and drink the finest wine-by-the-glass listening to breeze blow through our California oak tree as delectable dinners are shared with friends, families or lovers within this hidden gem under the Southern California open sky.We offer diverse settings of four dining areas: the Front Room, the Skyline Room, the Side Room, and the Terrace, as well as our Fireside Lounge and Peppertree Cigar Patio. You will be seduced by the flair of a Californian country style with a romantic fireplace, and deep passionate colors that isolate the essence of the moment. The ambiance of The Terrace is created by your presence. We just provide the right setting, wine, and food tailored to feed your soul. At The Terrace we pride ourselves in providing you with top quality service and delicious food in a family friendly restaurant.You can also import the flavors and intimate feelings of The Terrace to your home or venue of any scale and size.
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Greeted by a grouchy man at the entrance, food and service not good, chef has no idea what glucose free means and overpriced. Would not return.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

my husband and i ate here with friends on a friday night. everything we ordered was outstanding. from the pasta, calamari, and 2 types of steak. drinks were a little pricey but the food and outdoor terrace were amazing!!! highly recommended!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I can not recommend this restaurant. My wife had heard about it so we checked online reviews as well as the restaurant website. It looked and sounded like an establishment worthy of my entertainment dollar. It fell far short of that expectation. The first thing I noticed when we entered was the odor. It smelled sort of musty/moldy. It is an older building, so I let that go. The second thing I noticed was the poor selection on the over priced/under valued wine list. I wished I had thought to bring a bottle from home. We started with the calamari appetizer. It was cold and soggy. I ordered the Wagyu Beef Cheese Burger that was described on the menu as served on a Kaiser roll at $12. In fact, it was served on a plain old (Albertsons?) hamburger bun that was at least a day old. It came with boring iceberg lettuce, a tomato slice and pickle. It also came with truffle fries, though that was not stated on the menu. I would have preferred to know this in advance so I could have made an adjustment as I do not care for anything with truffle oil on it. The last thing I noticed was when I got the check. It listed the burger at $14 instead of the $12 on the menu. Oh well, live and learn. At least the wait staff was nice, which almost made up for the lack of experience and knowledge of the menu.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had a midday lunch on a Saturday and we were surprised that there were hardly any customers. It was perfect for us as it was quiet and we could hear each other without having to yell. We loved the food; sangria chicken, bbq mango chicken, seafood pasta and napolean stack. The zappole dessert was very good too with the little donuts with powdered sugar and banana dipping sauce as well as chocolate ganache. The food was very fresh and I don't mind waiting a bit for non-assembly line plates. The waiter was very attentive and gave us good recommendations. It was clear he knew the menu and had tasted the food. We will come here again.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Started with a reservation for an outside table. When we arrived we were told there were no outside table then preceded to wait 45 minutes for the table, 20 minutes to order drinks whe we waited for the table , another 15 to get the drink.

When we were asked to order they were out of 2 entrees( at 730) and several wines. Instead of telling us ahead of time they were out they just allowed us to order.
The food arrived quickly when dinner was ordered. Food was well presented & fresh.
The wait staff obviously was short on help, the woman that greeted us never apologized for the wait & looked lost