“Fun place to discover”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I just happened to see this place driving through Poway so my three sons and I stopped for lunch. We were all pleased with our food. Hamburgers were good, the steak ciabatta sandwich was wonderful, and they do good salads. You will find something you like. It did take a bit long for our food to come out. That may need to be a consideration if visiting on a lunch hour, but otherwise, sit back and enjoy.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My wife and I are always on the look out for new (to us) pubs, brewpubs to try for lunch. Living in San Diego means our choices are many and all have been great. We were so happy we came upon the Company Pub and Kitchen last summer. First off the atmosphere, decor, food and beer are great. I am stuck on the British Fish & Chips. The fish is always fresh, flakey and tender. The coating is nice and crisp. Every time we eat there, I get the fish & chips too good. The draft beer selection is good, but not extensive a draw back. Bottle beer selection is good. My wife has had a couple other dishes, but her favorite is the fish & chips too. The portions here are large so come hungry.

1  Thank MauiMKO
Reviewed December 13, 2012

On other sites I have seen not so great reviews, so it was a relief to read these here.

We are spoiled when we go here. Why? We live less than a block from this place (we can walk there, indulge, and walk home!). We frequent it, I'd say, once or twice a month. (If we had a larger dining out budget, it would be more.). My husband and I have a Friday date night (Kids get pizza at home) and this is one of the three area (non chain) restaurants we head for.

At this point, the owners, Tansy and Peter, know us on site. :-) this makes going here even more fun, as we are usually welcomed very warmly.

Atmosphere: Lively. The bar side is far louder than the "fireplace" side. They just redid a bit of the decor and have a pet friendly patio (don't bring your monkey, I mean dogs). Some of the tables are tippy, but fixable with a few coasters and I think adds to the eccentric feel.

Service: Once we had VERY SLOW service (waited an HOUR for our meal) but this was right after they opened and were figuring out the kitchen. Since then, no issues (but it does vary). Having waited tables in my life, I am picky and most nights they do just fine.

Food:
First, a little history. We walked past the place while it was under construction and poked our heads in. Tansy (one of the owners) was nice enough to fill us in on what was coming: kind of food, what they were trying to accomplish. As soon as Lamb was mentioned as a dish, I was all in. And now, that damn lamb hoagie and I are on a first name basis, and I keep ordering it nearly every time I go. ("The usual," I say, and I have always wanted to do that in a place!) The steak sandwich: Awesome, burger, awesome, shepherd's pie, awesome (Do you sense a theme here?) We've never had a bad meal. Hubby's tried more stuff than I have though. I just love that lamb hoagie....

They have a nice selection of beers. Bread pudding... AHHHH dessert.

And we've brought a picky 13 year old and my 86 year old mom here. Both loved it. That says something!

GO!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Great food at a great price. Best wings I have ever had. Our waitress was very knowledge and all of her suggestions were spot on.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great pub food and beer. Service sometimes a little iffy. Cornish pasties to die for. Lamb and made to order hamburgers excellent, also.