Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$139
La Quinta
$159
$143
$125
Courtyard San Diego Rancho Bernardo(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$149
$107
All reviewsbest westernssan diegoquiet areanon smokingnice roomgreat place to stayfridge and microwavegood sizecomfortable bedpowaicerealaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We have stayed at this motel once or twice each year for nine years, each time for 10 – 14 days. We travel quite extensively and have stayed at quite a few Best Westerns. It compares favorably with others we’ve stayed at. The continental breakfast has a wide variety of foods and a good number of tables. The beds have been comfortable, the rooms clean, with a refrigerator, microwave, and safe ($1 charge per day). Unlike some BWs, this motel has coin operated washing machines and dryers. Staff is pleasant, efficient, addresses problems that occasionally occur, and is eager to please clients. Value for the money is good. Our stay this time, as in the past, was pleasant. We prefer rooms on the back side of the motel, away from traffic

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oldbrdrz
JasonSD12, General Manager at Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

Thank you very much for the nice review. I am very happy that you are one of our repeat customer.
My staff and I are very happy to read your feedback and we thank you for recognizing our effort.
We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 18, 2011

We were delighted to find this hotel a couple of miles from our friends' house while visiting. We spent one night. At check-in, the manager was very friendly and helpful, even offering to look up local stores for us on the internet. Our room was very nice and clean, including the bathroom and shower. We had a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and safe. One of the nicest touches, which we had never seen before, was that the hair dryer in the bathroom had a built-in night light on the bottom of it! No stumbling around in the dark! The drapes were heavy enough to make the room dark in the daytime. Wi-Fi was included and worked great, with several different routers available to connect to. The included breakfast had hard boiled eggs, sausage links, muffins, waffles, 3 kinds of cold cereal, whole AND 2% milk, several types of bread/English muffins, coffee, decaf, juice, etc. We will definitely stay there again whenever visiting our friends in Poway!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2011

The Location was fine... midway between San Diego and Julian (just southwest of Ramona). The staff seemed to be the best part of our stay. When asked for extra pillows, they arrived quickly. When asked for a different TV remote, the evening clerk (Kathleen) brought 4 to our room to try (The TV skipped numerous channels and the manager quickly paid us a visit to understand the problem so she could explain it to her maintenance man).
The morning breakfast was decent fare and all-in-all, the stay was fine. We had hoped to try the pool and spa but returned back too late in the evening (they close at 9:30pm) to try them, but the pool, and the overall facility, seemed well kept and clean.
In short, although the stay was fine, the staff was quite good and friendly, and this seemed like a clean Best Western, we just didn't get what the 'Plus' was for.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor is good, but there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank steversjunk2016
bwpowaygm, General Manager at Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

Dear Steve,

Thank you very much for participating in the survey. We appreciate your business and your feedback is very important to us. Poviding our guest the satisfaction they deserve is our number one goal and thank you for recognizing the effort.

I hope to see you again on your next trip.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

I was planning on staying for a weekend while waiting for my house to close. Check in was pleasant but when I walked in my room I felt like I was staying at the abc motel not a Best Western. The room was visible clean but felt dirty and badly needs updating. I did not feel safe and could not wait to check out in the morning and go to another hotel. They allow dogs which is a plus but there was no where to let them go potty. It states it's a "plus" hotel but I have no clue what it stands for. By far the worst Best Western I have stayed it and I'm an platinum elite member of their rewards program.

• Stayed: October 2011

Thank you very much for your review. Even though you gave us a poor and disappointing review, we appreciate your effort. We are sorry that you have a negative feeling about the room you occupied. It's because you felt it's not clean does not necessarily means i'ts dirty and unsafe. We take pride on our service and cleanliness of our rooms. We wish that you could have let us know when you checked in that you were unhappy with that room.
We could have done something then so you didn't have to feel uncomfortable.
We hope that you will give us another chance to serve you again.

General Manger

Reviewed February 18, 2011

Actually it is my first time to stay at a 2-star (by priceline definition) hotel in the USA. I bid at priceline just the day before I stayed and they gave me this one.

After I got the this hotel, I checked the reviews from tripadvisor. 2/3 of the reviews were good which was commented relatively recent. And I checked more on the bad ones, such as bad staff, varies rates or customer service.

I arrived in the evening. A nice granny helped me check in and gave me a sweet king bed room in the 2nd floor. Kindly, She also told me about the internet issue and breakfast time/location.

The room was more than I had thought, since I heard a lot bad things about those 2-star country inns or motels. It was clean and neat. The bathroom was roomy and there were microwaves and frige in the room.

The bad parts of the room were as follows:
1. small deck. as small as for a laptop.
2. the noise from the frige.
3. the air-condition didn't have the strong power for heat.
4. the TV was a little old.

For the breakfast, it was kind of continental. It provided waffles, cookies, yoghourt, bread,cereals with milk and beverages. The staff was nice and said hi to every guest.

In all, it is a good hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Machilus
bwpowaygm, General Manager at Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2011

Thank you very for the nice review. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip.
Looking forward to seeing you soon.