“Nothing Special Here”

Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Poway
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were the bride and groom and had friends and family staying 1 or 2 nights at this hotel. At no time were we recognized or appreciated for the fact that we were the bride and groom or the fact that our friends and family were also staying at this hotel and that we had reserved 15 or more rooms. When my brides maids/friends stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Temecula they had champagne for us as well as flutes filled with candy. They made our stay there special. When we stayed at the Hotel Del Coronado for our honeymoon we were upgraded to a beach front cottage, comped drinks, and the staff made us feel like a King and Queen. This hotel - nothing.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Larry R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

I am very sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory for you and your party. Due to the fact that you did not book your rooms as a group but rather individually, we had no way of knowing who was with your wedding party. We should have done more to recognize you as the bride and for that I apologize. I do appreciate you sharing your concerns with me.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway

Reviewed October 8, 2013

My stay at the Hampton Inn in Poway, CA was absolutely great! I look forward to returning there - it's truly a pleasure to stay there. The condition or the room was perfect, the breakfast was great and the friendliness of the hotel staff was exemplary.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ted I
Larry R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful comments. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel as well as providing excellent guest service. I have shared your comments with the entire team. Thank you again for your comments and recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The hotel felt very new, with a big, nicely appointed lobby and rooms that felt clean, modern, and bright. The staff was friendly and efficient, and the bed was very comfortable. I didn't use the pool, but it was larger than I expected.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the wonderful comments. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel as well as providing excellent guest service. I have shared your comments with the entire team. Thank you again for your comments and recommendation.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

All the hotel personnel are pleasant and glad to accommodate our requests. The management must be doing an excellent job to make sure their people are so courteous and efficient. We have stayed here several times and will surely continue to book this Hampton in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the wonderful comments. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel as well as providing excellent guest service. I have shared your comments with the entire team. Thank you again for your comments and recommendation and we look forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Good service with a complete complementary breakfast. Located in more of a business park area, it is well off the highway making it very quite. This was our second trip to the area and we sought out this motel based on a previous positive experience. It has all the amenities we seek - comfortable room, good breakfast, pool, exercise room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mitch_s_us

Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one weekend and the staff was very helpful in giving us directions to events in the area. The room was very neat and clean the bed was nice and comfortable :) I would recommend this Hotel to anyone. The continental breakfast was very good there was a good variety of food to choose from.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was by far the best Hampton Inn we have ever stayed at anywhere. The service was amazing and they always welcomed us back at night and every morning when we went for breakfast. It really is a wonderful hotel staffed by wonderful people and the manager was very nice. We read positive feedback prior to going and I have to say I agreed with every word of it. The facilities were excellent, it was in a lovely location close to shops, Costco and many facilities. It was spotlessly clean and comfortable. We really were super impressed and every Hampton Inn should look to this one as an example of how to get it right! We had a couple of really bad experiences with two Hampton Inns during our three week vacation but this hotel was the best one out there and we have stayed at many Hampton Inns. The breakfasts were very good but if I could offer just one small negative comment that would be the pastries were always dry and tasteless - almost cardboard like but the rest of the breakfast was very nice and given that the hotel and staff were so outstanding I almost feel bad complaining about the pastries. We visited with my sister and her husband from England and they were just as impressed as we were. Well done. You made us feel so welcome and it was just a treat to be made to feel special. Thank you. You made our vacation that much better with your genuine hospitality.

1  Thank Bernadette K

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poway
Ramada Poway
Hilton Garden Inn San Diego/Rancho Bernardo
Rancho Bernardo Inn
Rancho Bernardo Inn
#32 of 278 in San Diego

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway? Share your experiences!