“Believe the reviews!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York
“Believe the reviews!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I read all the reviews and figured I wold stay at this hotel when I was in Poway on business. Believe the reviews, this place is nice. It is obvious they are going out of their way to satisfy the customers. Each morning I was met with a "Good Morning" and each evening greeted with a "welcome back" from the front desk staff. The front desk was courteous, kind and expedient. The breakfast was second to none and the array of items available to eat was impressive!

The free beer at the "mangers reception" was nice too! ;-)

I would recommend staying at this hotel for anyone staying in the Poway area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RacerDad0
Larry R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
It is great to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We thank you for staying with us and look forward to your return. We appreciate you taking the time to review us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Northern New Jersey
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This hotel does not feel like a typical Hampton Inn in any way. I've stayed here several times on business travel. It is absolutely gleamingly clean (and I'm a bit of a germaphobe), has really well appointed rooms with great fixtures and furniture, a nice flat screen TV, and extra plush beds and bedding. Every staff member was extremely friendly and went out of their way to ask if they could do anything to make the stay better. I spoke to one front desk agent who told me that the hotel is actually fairly new (built in the last few years) and that it had recently received survey results showing that it was ranked in the top couple of Hampton Inns in California. However, I've stayed at all types of hotels, including Hamptons, throughout the country and I've never stayed at such a nice mid-tier hotel. You would have to go up to the Four Seasons tier of hotels to find something nicer. The free continental breakfast was very good as well. There were hot options, including a waffle maker as well as freshly cut fruit. Lastly, I've never seen a single child at the hotel. It's almost all business travelers--this makes for a very peaceful stay.
I do have one very minor complaint: the curtains in the guest room cannot be closed. There are sheer curtains over the window, but the actual heavy, light blocking curtains do not move to close over the window. This wasn't a big issue because I've stayed on the 2nd and 3rd floors so I wasn't worried about people walking by AND because I had to be up early and came back late, so I didn't need to sleep during sunshine hours. However, if you want to sleep in you will not be able to block any light in the morning. This is not a deal-breaker though, and is greatly offset by all the great aspects of this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Clavicle44
Thank you so much for taking the time to let everyone know about your experience with us. We truly appreciate it! It is great to see that almost everything went well. We are taking a look at the curtains because they should all close completely and I thank you for letting us know that yours did not. We hope to have you stay with us again.
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Here as a solo business traveler. Found it to be Clean, modern, friendly, quiet, comfortable beds. Good breakfast, decent price.
I would go back in a minute.
They need to figure out how to get the other Hamptons to be like this.
I like the place not a bad room in the house. It is o,y a few years old I was told.

Stayed October 2012
2 Thank kielar
Thank you very much for the kind words about your stay with us. We have happy to see everything met or exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed here for my son's wedding in August for 6 nights. We had a few rooms booked and they put us all together on the same floor and near each other. They made us feel like we were at home. They went out of their way to make sure every need was met and anything we asked for they help us with. The cleaning staff were great and very friendly. They cleaned our room no matter what time we left (ok not at night, but during the day). The breakfast was wonderful and the kitchen staff worked hard to make sure that it was always stocked. I had to deal with the management over an issue (that was my fault not theirs) and they were very prompt to help me and they never once made me feel like they didn't believe me. They just helped out to help fix the issue. We would stay here again for sure. Thank you to all the staff and management for making our stay a wonderful one.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sher888
hamptonpoway, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Very happy to hear that you were pleased with the service our staff provided you and your family members. We enjoyed having all of you with us and thank you for your comments. We hope you will visit us again.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My daughter and I were hoping to get two double or queen size beds for a mother / daughter night out (rather than get two separate rooms). I called a week in advance during the summer, and was told there were no rooms with two beds available. Not sure if it's just a very busy place in general, or if we hit it at the wrong time, but I ended up paying over $200 for one bed and a couch in the room. So, it was a bit pricey, and not terribly confortable for the one on the couch. But other than that the room was large and clean and the service good. My advice, just make reservations early if you want two beds.

Room Tip: Make reservations early if you're looking for two beds.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. I am sorry that we didn't have any rooms left with 2 Queen beds. The Summer is a very busy time for us and our double bedded rooms go fast. I am glad to see that other than the bed issue, you enjoyed your stay with us.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed 2 nights to visit relatives in Poway. Hotel is about a 30 minute drive from SD Intl airport, easy access from the 15. We expected an inexpensive utilitarian Hampton Inn, but this was better than expected. Facility is pretty new. Nice outdoor pool and hot tub. Room was ample size, comfortable bed and duvet. Bath was clean. Expected a "cafeteria style" breakfast room, but this was nicer environment: carpet, dark wood tables, high ceiling made it airy and light. A few fast food restaurants across the street: bagel shop, Subway, chinese, tacos, etc. and grocery store 3-5 minute drive. Rooms have small refrigerator and microwave

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I am very happy to hear we exceeded your expectations!! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again when you visit your relatives.
Moorpark, CA
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have been to this hotel a few times before and just wanted to comment that the staff at this hotel is very professional and upmost very friendly. We checked in about 7pm and were greeted by Michelle at the front desk and she was extremely nice and helpful. We had an excellent stay and were very pleased with all aspects of the hotel. Would highly recommend. It is very close to lots of local shopping malls and some great restaurants. We took a day trip to San Diego and the ride was not far at all. If you need a nice comfortable place to stay with a professional staff stay here you will enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Any floor is a good one. I have stayed on all three floors.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
hamptonpoway, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Great to hear you were treated so well during you stay and that you really enjoyed the hotel. We hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poway
Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch
Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel
Ramada Poway
Ramada Poway
#3 of 3 in Poway
Radisson Hotel San Diego - Rancho Bernardo
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar
Hilton Garden Inn San Diego/Rancho Bernardo

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway? Share your experiences!