“Genuine, friendly people in a cosy and quality environment”
Review of The Bull Inn

and 1 more site!
The Bull Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Barton Mills
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Stayed for one night with my wife. We both loved it. So many places are sterile and dull - not this one. It's busy even when we stayed in mid-week which tells you everything you need to know. We were going to eat in what looks like a lovely restaurant but chose instead to eat in the bar as the sound of laughter in there was too hard to resist. Room was good. Great access for Newmarket. Brilliant to see managers hands on and understanding what's going on. Will be staying again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 30, 2010

Stayed in room 5, which is lovely. Fantastic bathroom. Advised the hotel it was for our wedding anniversary and they had sprinkled hearts and a bow was on the bed. Lovely touch. Meal was superb and attention to detail second to none. Lovely breakfast too. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Just stayed for 1 night and had really good service from the manager Cheryl who couldn't of been more helpful. Lovely breakfast would recommend.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I had a fantastic stay at The Olde Bull Inn! I was here a few weeks while working nearby. My stay could not have been any better and I could not have asked for anything more.

The room I was in was very clean and the bed was extremely comfy. Before going into work I was able to get a cooked breakfast every morning and if I wanted something a little light cereals, breads, fruit and yoghurt among other options were available. After work the pub was a great spot to wind down and eat dinner in a more casual setting. The dining room offers more elegance and was a great experience if you want something a little fancier. Both the pub and dining room offered daily specials cooked by their in house chef, I never had a bad meal. The Olde Bull Inn also just finished adding a new patio in their courtyard while I was there. The new patio is a great place to eat outside or relax with a pint after a long day.

The location at The Olde Bull Inn offers many options. Newmarket, Bury St Edmunds, Ely, and Thetford are all a short drive away and each offer great day or weekend activities. Mildenhall is a short walk along a river and offers many shops and restaurants.

I cannot wait to make it back to The Olde Bull Inn, I will surely return!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2010

I stayed here for one night recently and had a fantastic stay. It was totally what we look for in a hotel, friendly, welcoming and personal. Upon arrival we were greeted by a friendly receptionist who swiftly checked us in a and took us up to view two rooms to allow us to choose which room we preferred (nice touch we thought). We chose room two which was a great corner room decorated in purple (I think they call it Aubergine) and silver. The bed was amazingly comfy and the bathroom had some really great touches, even the LED lights in the bath panel. We ate in the restaurant and the food was outstanding, I had the Sea Bass and my partner had the Fillet Steak Tower! Breakfast in the morning was as good! Service throughout the whole stay was second to none and we couldn't have asked for more. Well done Olde Bull we will be back!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Arrived late on Friday night due to an accident en-route. We had a very friendly welcome and we were taken up to our room, it was fabulous and had everything you could ever want and more. The receptionst kindly arranged a sandwich platter for us as the kitchen had just closed. Our room was at the back of the hotel, away from the road and seemed freshly decorated in a very boutique way, we had a lovely new bathroom with a power shower, we had tea and coffee, hairdryer, straighteners, iron and ironing board, the bed was king size and soooo comfortable. Breakfast was freshly cooked for us which was a pleasant change from the chain hotels with their buffets, lovely local sausages, eggs and bacon, very tasty. Spent the day at the races (not so successful) and returned to have dinner in the award winning restaurant. We ordered off the daily specials menu and the food was absolutely top class, compliments to the chef. The hotel is relatively small, just 14 rooms I think, and very intimate, where the owners are very hands on, nothing was too much trouble. We have already booked a return visit.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I loved every minute of my extended stay at the Old Bull. The owners took me and my co-workers in like a second family and made us feel welcome with special treatment. The food is outstanding quality for the money, the pub is a british version of the Cheers programme with real socialization opportunities, as opposed to the hotels and bars where you're anonymous. I cant image a better run hotel after overhearing discussions of staff and menu concerns, and they do try to run a tip-top place. Anyone who disliked the Bull, simply doesnt understand why and how to travel. Its not about getting what you want like a crying baby, its about adapting to new environments and finding new friends. I will always recommend the Bull.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
#1 of 1 in Tuddenham
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa
#1 of 8 in Newmarket

Been to The Bull Inn? Share your experiences!