All reviews the pub princess room steak murder mystery bar area zebra room fish and chips local produce feature room my partner the sticky toffee pudding food was fantastic christmas party shower gel cooked to perfection milk bottle sunday lunch
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We just stayed the one night midweek, and had a lovely themed room with a fantastic dinner. Everything about this Inn exudes quality. Not only were the dinners and breakfasts of the highest quality, but also our bedrooms was lavishly decorated with a large double bed (big enough for three), a double bath with rain shower and top quality toileteries. The only thing missing was the Ménage à trois ;-)

Initially we felt the list prices were a little expensive, but our Dinner B&B package seemed more reasonable. There was a little noise from the nearby A11 at night, but this didn’t really affect us.

Room tip: Breakfast is an extra, and dinners are expensive, so call direct and negotiate a Dinner, B&B rate when booking.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We found the Olde Bull Inn by accident three years ago and whenever we are in the area we will pop in for an evening meal or lunch.

The bar is 'olde pub' style and the staff are friendly and attentive. The restaurant is superb - great wines and the most superb food. The staff are always professional and attentive.

We have not experienced any problems and from our limited experience of Cheryl and Sonia we are sure any problems would be sorted. We are both vegetarian and the Staff go out of their way to ensure that we have a meal that we are happy with and will enjoy and indeed, in the past, the Chef has even come out to discuss with us what we would like.

The words that come tomind when I think of the Olde Bull Inn are RELAXING, COMFORTABLE, CLEAN and PROFESSIONAL.

We have not stayed yet but would love to. Re the earlier review re the crying baby - I would be pretty cheesed off listeninig to a baby crying whilst I was trying to relax and would much prefer parents did exactly as was suggested and occupy baby rather than leaving it crying and annoying other customers.

We visited at the weekend after a three week holiday at a hotel in North Wales and the level of training and the service to customers at the Olde Bull Inn was so good to see after some pretty awful service in Wales.

Cheryl and Sonia, you have a fantastic place - keep up the good work

Room tip: Sorry, we have not stayed but if the rooms are as good as the rest of the hotel I am sure they are worth staying in
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was our first visit to the Bull and we certainly weren't disappointed! The food was fabulous and the evenings entertainment was excellent - the murder mystersy characters were really funny.

Most importantly I need to mention the staff; they were attentive, happy, caring and nothing was too much trouble. Every single member of staff looked after us from the first time I emailed the hotel for further information (they emailed straight back), to the time we left when they had been kind enough to order our taxi for us. The bar staff were fab (bringing everything to the table for us) and the meal was delivered with a smile.

Can't wait to go back!

Room tip: (We didn't sleep over, sadly. Maybe next time).
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed for a couple of nights on business with long days working nearby. Nice place to come back to in the evening as bar has a "local pub" atmosphere rather than the sterile type of many hotels. Alongside this is a great range of real ales and good choice of well prepared and tasty food, served promptly. The room was very clean and nicely, even stylishly, appointed. Large comfortable bed; good power shower. Only small downsides are late start for breakfast (7.30) and bedrooms could be more sound-proofed.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank BiggestHank
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

After a long day Repping, It was comforting to hear Cheryl's voice confirming there was a "bed" for the night.

A pint of Adnam's finest with Sea bass off the specials and it was time to take in the banter. Sat listening to the Americans chat to the locals always brings a smile to my face.

Room 15 this time and Wow what a bed. Warm, inviting and well furnished, it was hard to go drag myself back downstairs.

Wayne's usually about for a quick catch up on the latest project he's working on.

Local produce for Breakfast completes my stay as I flick through my diary to see when's the earliest I can return.

I enjoy working this part of the country and stay here whenever possible. If you want a Boutique Hotel with a sprinkle of Magic then this is the one.
There's nothing old about the service from this Excellant team.

I look forward to room 3,5,7.........

Best Wishes