“Lunch in the Bar”

The Bull Inn
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We were five people, two from Cambridge and three from Norwich seeking somewhere for a relaxed pub lunch between the two Cities. We had settled on The Bull because it seemed to meet our parameters. We were not disappointed.
Arriving early at 12.00 midday because it was the week before Christmas we had a good sized table for the five of us (you can't book a table in the bar) and had a very pleasant lunch. The variety of draught beers available were very good and the wines suited the requirements. There were three "specials" on the blackboard and two of us chose the Ocean Pie which was excellent, served with brussels sprouts and shredded cabbage. From the menu the others had the goats cheese salad which was also very good.
The filter coffee which we sat over for some time was also good and, despite the fact that the bar had become quite full, we were never rushed to leave. I suspect we will be back during the months to come.
Plenty of parking and the bar had a good atmosphere

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I had to write this review when I saw the reviews listed and thought, this is not the place I recognize as the Bull and I wanted to tell you about our experience.

We have just returned from our stay at The Bull Inn, this was the first time we had attended a party night and it will not be the last time. From the moment we arrived at the Inn we were welcomed by an enormous Christmas tree and a very festive feeling! The excellent staff were all dressed up to match the theme of the evening, which was an Abba tribute band. The band were superb. The dinner, a three course meal, was delicious. Its the first time we have ever attended a Christmas Party anywhere, and the food be fantastic, considering they must have served over a 100 people that particular night, I said to my other half that my salmon was as if it was cooked only for me. It was served hot with a lovely selection of vegetables (fabulous) and my husband had the turkey which he said was delicious. Staff were attentive and smiley, nothing too much trouble. After dancing the rest of the evening away we just went up the stairs to our fabulous feature bedroom and slept like logs. Finished our stay with a delicious breakfast (so tasty). We loved it so much we have booked for the New Years Eve celebrations. Thank you to the staff at The Bull for making our stay once again special.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

What an amazing evening we had, it was a last minute booking with friends and we had a fantastic night. The food was amazing it all came out hot and plenty of it. I had been out the evening before to another restaurant for my works christmas dinner at a cost of £25 and you could not compare the two. The Bull staff made the evening such good fun and we were amazed at how organised the whole event was they seemed to have everyone feed and watered buy the time the band started. £44 for an evening of entertainment and amazing food that looked great and tasted fantastic and all set in a huge marquee that was decorated beautifully for the festive season and was kept nice and warm so you did not have to keep your coat on. we are now planning to get all of our group of friends together to come here next year as we know they are going to love it. Thank you Olde Bull staff you are all stars. we will be back

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We booked a table for the Murder Mystery evening, at over £44 per head, not including any drinks. I ordered soup which was very watery, and could have been any flavour, I was infact surprised that it wasn't the lentil I had thought, but a curried parsnip of some description. Beef stew which was generous in it's portion size but was nothing very exciting and a chocolate cherry dessert which was of such a strange consistency that I left it half finished. My friends ordered the cheesecake which they described as tasting of 'off-Philadelphia' and none of which were finished. The waitress did in fact ask us if we had problems with the cheescake - as other tables had also complained, but we were offered no apology or discount. My friends ordered mojitos, which came with no ice, and when they were taken back due to tasting solely of soda water the waitress was so rude that an other waitress came over and offered to give us two cokes for free due to her behaviour. A small consolation. To top it off, even though I was driving and therefore not drinking, I was sick when I got home. I don't think I will be going back to The Bull Inn any time soon...

6  Thank ScotCW
Reviewed November 14, 2013

A lovely pub with a higher class of pub food, a focus on local ingredients, a real fire, real ales and very friendly staff. Hope to come again!