“GREAT FOOD”

The Bull Inn
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Visited the Bull Inn with friends for a birthday celebration. Staff were very welcoming, food was amazing possibly the best steak I have had, relaxing surroundings and atmosphere.
Thank you for a great evening.

1  Thank Robert D

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I am a chef so i may be a little bit to judgemental. My partner & I came here due to it having a rosette and looking for something exciting and different to eat. Entering the bar we were greeted by a boastful display of awards which was very nice to see and got me excited for what i was about to eat. The manager behind the bar was very welcoming and told us she would bring the drinks over. We read the menu and it was very hard on the eye to read. It took my partner a long time to choose and she almost felt embarrassed at this.The specials on the black boards were off the actual menu. I had the scallops which were bland and tasteless, really needed to be seasoned more, followed by an appalling dish which was described as duck on the menu. It was a bowl of stir fry with no duck in it just little bits that i can only describe as processed meat. It was far from what i was expecting at £16, i would of enjoyed a pot noodle just as much at a £1. I didnt finish this dish as it was just not what i expected. my partner had the chicken liver parfait, which was nice but grey due to oxidising over time. followed by the fish and chips which was excellent, we shared this and decided to go somewhere else for dessert. As we paid the bill and was asked by now a male manager how was everything my partner explained how we didn't enjoy the duck and this was almost shrugged off. As a chef working in this industry i look forward to having a nice meal every sunday night to at least a rosette standard, this was not rosette standard food but the service was good and the building itself was beautiful. The owners should be proud of this place as it is well looked after as a business.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Had a very enjoyable family meal in the courtyard with family on a warm, summers day. Could have done with slightly swifter service but when it did come, the waitresses were attentive and helpful.

The wines and beers were excellently kept and served.

The food was very good, even if it was a little pricey. Will definitely be returning more regularly.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

The Bull Inn is a lovely place. Staff were friendly and efficient. My wife & I both had roast beef and it was delicious. Choice of real ale, good wine list too. Really pleasant surroundings and atmosphere (good courtyard too). Came away full and very satisfied.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We've had the pleasure of living in the area near Barton Mills, in Suffolk due to being a US Air Force family. I wish I'd discovered the place sooner, as we've been here 6.5 yrs... Anyway, my husband and I, as well as multiple friends of mine and me have eaten in both the pub and the dinner restaurant many times. The restaurant's decor seems to be traditional pub meets posh/contemporary restaurant. The meals are always delicious-I can't think of a time the environment of the restaurant or the food has disappointed any of us... The chefs has a real knack for making flavorful and well-presented food. Many pubs we've experienced in England over the years have not been able to live up to this one. This is the reason we've continued to come back-many times. It was in doing so that we had the pleasure of meeting a very professional and kind waitress/hostess named Jade. If you meet her, you will know it-she's the smiling lady taking perfect care of you as a guest, treating you more like a friend. We will miss our date nights at the Bull and Jade's sweet presence. :) Go eat at The Bull-I highly doubt you will be displeased! :) It's excellent in many ways. :) Enjoy! :)