“A fabulous golf experience”

Grizzly Ranch Golf Club
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Portola
More attraction details
Owner description: Grizzly Ranch Golf Club is the #1 Ranked public-accessible golf course in the Sierra Nevada (Golf Digest 2014). Established in 2005, this is a Bob Cupp-designed championship course that can stretch out to 7400 yards but with five sets of tees can provide challenge and enjoyment to every level of player. Located in Northeastern California just 45 minutes North of Reno, NV and Truckee, CA, Grizzly Ranch Golf Club is everything a mountain course should be .. majestic views, impeccable conditions, tough but fair. Director of Golf, Van Batchelder, strives to make every guest's visit a memorable and enjoyable experience. Grizzly Ranch Golf Club is not to be missed.
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I had the opportunity to play Grizzly Ranch for the second time last week. The entire course is beautifully maintained. The tees, fairways and greens are all pristine. The golf course is a good challenge but not too difficult for a 12 handicap golfer like myself. The pro shop staff was friendly and accommodating. It was a 45 minute drive from Truckee and well worth the trip. Don't miss the beautiful course.

1  Thank Steve S
There are newer reviews for Grizzly Ranch Golf Club

Reviewed June 15, 2014

My son and I had the opportunity to play Grizzly on Father's Day weekend, and what a great experience we had. An absolutely beautiful course, well maintained and fun to play. The course is challenging, but not too difficult for the average golfer. We found it to be very fair. It's hard to beat such a fantastic setting, and we'll definitely be back for more rounds in the future!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

If your playing the Tahoe courses don't miss out on this one it is fantastic. Great challenge with picturesque views! We loved it!

2  Thank Dale B
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I had a business trip to Reno and decided to meet a friend to play golf here, what an incredible course! As soon as I stepped out of my car it was truly a first class experience. The fairways and greens are meticulously maintained. The course it self is challenging but not brutally hard for a high teen handicapper like myself. The views of the mountain ranges are beautiful and highlighted throughout the course. The staff was very nice and accommodating. I am looking forward to my next trip to Reno/Tahoe area so I can play this course again.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Grizzly Ranch has a beautiful well maintained golf course. This is our favorite course to play. The staff are all welcoming and accommodating. The Lake house offers drinks, lunch or snacks and is a nice stop to relax and take in the views after golf. This is a must play if you are in the area!