“great course”

Grizzly Ranch Golf Club
Ranked #2 of 8 things to do in Portola
More attraction details
Owner description: Grizzly Ranch Golf Club is the #1 Ranked public-accessible golf course in the Sierra Nevada (Golf Digest 2014). Established in 2005, this is a Bob Cupp-designed championship course that can stretch out to 7400 yards but with five sets of tees can provide challenge and enjoyment to every level of player. Located in Northeastern California just 45 minutes North of Reno, NV and Truckee, CA, Grizzly Ranch Golf Club is everything a mountain course should be .. majestic views, impeccable conditions, tough but fair. Director of Golf, Van Batchelder, strives to make every guest's visit a memorable and enjoyable experience. Grizzly Ranch Golf Club is not to be missed.
Reviewed August 13, 2013

a very well thought-out golf course. challenging. i would recommend it, even nicer than white hawk. very nice practice/warmup area, pretty. good greens. food offered wasn't that special, but really enjoyed the day.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

What can I say, it's beautiful, superbly manicured, pace of play was good. One of the best courses that I have played in quite a while. I was at Grizzly spending the 4th of July with some good friends who have a second home there.
We teed off around 1:00 pm, and were finished by 4:30. E
After every shot I played, I looked back to take in the breathtaking views. The greens were fast & true, the holes were well laid out, and the greenskeeper has kept the course in mint condition.
The service at the pro shop was wonderful, the only downside is the Lake House (place to get drinks/food) was closed by the time we finished

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I must disagree with anything less that an excellent rating for this beautiful, championship, well-maintained course in the Sierra Mountain. Grizzly Ranch Golf Course is all of this and more, with friendly and helpful staff. Don't miss playing this course, if you're in the Sacramento, Reno or the Bay Area and seek a memorable golfing experience at a reasonable price.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I live in outside Philadelphia, where there is no shortage of top courses. I have played Grizzly four or five times in the last few years while visiting friends in California. I have found the course to be maintained as well as the best private courses and the layout is challenging but fair. The facilities are excellent, particularly the driving range and practice areas. The staff is engaging and they make you feel welcome. But what I love most are the views from the course. While I try to focus on my game, I find my eyes wandering to drink in the majestic natural setting. I look forward to my next visit.

1  Thank bclegal
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I live in the South Bay Area of San Francisco and make a trip each summer just to play a few rounds at Grizzly. The course is challenging and always in great condition---what I particularly like are the holes that are bunkered--reminds me of the 13th at Marion. The entire golf team is helpful and the treat even a high handicapper like myself as a club member. If you want a great round of golf on a clear sun washed day where you play at your pace then Grizzly is for you.

Power Man