“Lena's”

Lena's Catina
Ranked #8 of 13 Restaurants in Portola
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Very generous serving of mediocre Mexican at inflated price. Pleasant but forgetful service. I'm told that Rico's has tastier food and better value.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Food was good and fresh, not the kind of place to make you go back tomorrow but I will go back. Menus could use a good cleaning but the service was fine. Very good and fresh guacamole.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We were driving through the mountains near the Nevada border on business and needed to stop somewhere for something to eat. We saw this restaurant from the road so we decided to stop and try it. Service was friendly but a bit slow (no one in the restaurant), and the ambiance was quite "rustic" to say the least. The chips and salsa were interesting but bland. I had the flautas for my lunch. It came with Spanish rice, re-fried beans, a little guacamole, and a dollop of sour cream. It was passable albeit plain and generic. I've been to many Mexican restaurants in my life, many memorable and outstanding. This one was sadly mostly forgettable. They did their best, and I probably won't be passing here again in the future.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Good food with a varied menu. Popular place, be patient. The staff was friendly and seemingly did their best for you.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

After a morning of hiking we stopped here with our friends who live in Portola. We had a great lunch of pork tacos,chicken tacos, a burritos, and a salad. all were really good. cold beer made everything even better. Service was good, and the menu for dinner looked like we would have to come back. It's worth a stop.