“rude and robbed”

Motel 6 Porterville
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Porterville
“rude and robbed”
Reviewed February 2, 2006

We stayed at Motel 6 in Porterville, we stayed one night @ 38.87. They charged me $38.87 and $259.14 on my credit card. I called them to see why they charged me so much the manager told me I needed to go over there with my credit card and that he can not explain it over the phone. So I took time off of work went over there and they had already credit me 86.38. When I was there they had credit me the remaining balance. The manager was very rude and nasty about the whole situation. He not once tried to apologize for their mistake. I will not stay @ this Motel 6 in the future.

• Stayed January 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed September 15, 2005

I did stay at motel 6 in Porterville in sept of 05 and I must say that this is one of the best motels in the area, the price is cheaper that any other motel in the area and the room was very clean. I just pay 37.99 for a great service.

Stayed September 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 5, 2005

This isn't a fancy motel, so I wasn't to upset when I found no fridge, microwave, shampoo, or hairdryer. However, I do expect a clean and roach-free room. I saw about 10 roaches the whole night I was there. I was so disgusted. I had very little choice to go to antoher hotel or room because they were all booked for the Labor Day weekend. I was so disgusted. This was my first time at a motel 6 and I will never stay in one again.

• Stayed September 2005

Travelers are raving about these Porterville hotels

Reviewed August 11, 2004

I've stayed here a couple of times already. I'm planning to stay here again only because it's cheap and the accommodations are budget. I'm only there to sleep & bathe, and be on my way. I did find out from local Porterville residents that some people actually pay for a night's stay just to use the swimming pool, since no one seems to have AC or some public pool to go to. I also notice alot of people seem to set up in front of their downstairs hotel rooms as if they're hanging out on their front porch. My last stay, my smoke alarm battery was dead, so it was making that beeping noise. I went down to the hotel manager and got another battery. That too was dead, so I just didn't insert the battery. It was only for 1 night, so I didn't worry too much. Also the remote for the TV was gone. All in all, I only stay here because it cost me $40 total for a night. There's a Best Western in southern Porterville going for $70 a night. Not sure if the $30 extra is worth it or not.

• Stayed January 2005
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 2, 2004

The motel was equipped as usual for a Motel 6 with clean rooms and average sizes. However, the location left a lot to be desired and the clientele was positively scary! I witnessed a drug drop and later found out that the area's transients are housed on this side of town and in this hotel. I strongly recommend that you spend the extra money to stay at the $70+ hotels on the other side of town!

• Stayed August 2004
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porterville
Americas Best Value Inn - Porterville
Best Western Porterville Inn
Best Western Porterville Inn
#2 of 4 in Porterville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Porterville
Best Western Town & Country Lodge
Best Western Exeter Inn & Suites
Lazy J Ranch-Americas Best Value Inn

Been to Motel 6 Porterville? Share your experiences!