“Gota do what ya Gotta do!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Porterville

Motel 6 Porterville
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Porterville
Los Angeles,ca
“Gota do what ya Gotta do!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

Well ,my spouse has family there so why anybody would want to live live there is beyond me! stayed at other motels in Portervile and sad to say it was one of the better motels ..OMG cant believe I said that!! We Frequently visited there (not by my choice) yes it is infested with Tweekers but thats Porterville for you believe me !!! spent eight years visiting that sad city and they do flock to the motels . We even got a room with the broken Tv and they still charged us a regular rate! But no where else to go!!! Never took my kids there. .Left them in LA ...(much safer.).lol..lol. Once we stayed at the Hotel across that street was worse! This is more a truckers stop motel not for families!!! Advice: Keep driving a few more miles....

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — Lacks maintenance!!!! in every aspect
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank LovelyLdyLulu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

Absolutely the worst motel experience of my life. It was the first time I have ever stayed in a motel where the temperature in every room is controlled by an outside thermostat. There were no individually controlled units. At nightfall, when it drops below a certain temperature outside, the air conditioning is turned off to all the rooms. We complained about being so hot through the night, but got no results. One other thing. There were no drawers to put your clothes, no chair, no table, no nightstand. All we got was a bed and a TV. I am not exaggerating.

• Liked — Cheap, but I am willing to pay more for some comfort
  • Disliked — Central air conditioning system cuts off every night
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank Tracker500

Travelers are raving about these Porterville hotels

Alsace
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2007

The most durty hotel of our vacation in USA, a used condom bag next to the bed, urine on the toilette and hairs on the shower. Strange people hanging around on rooms.
That was my second Motel 6 and last one on my vacation, pay 20-30 dollar more but get a safer and clean room.
I wrote to Motel 6 relations department and hope that this Motel will lose the Motel 6 name, is better for the department if they don't want to loose more client.
Enjoy your holiday

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Room, Motel area
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank mcallan
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2007

O.k. We stayed there because it was the only hotel available. All the other rooms were taken at the Best Western. I got up in the middle of the night and I'm not kidding you, I went out to smoke a cigarette and it was like "The night of the living dead", there were these zombie looking people milling outside of their rooms. They were obviously totally wacked on crystal meth. They seemed nervous and paranoid and it wasn't like it was just one room, it was like every other room. It was freaky. It's a total drug motel and they sell and use there. Don't you dare go there, especially if you have kids, they might be caught in a gunfire shootout (you know how paranoid crystal meth people get) DISGUSTING. I don't know why the Porterville Police department doesn't do anything about it. It's disgusting. I drive down Olive and can point out at least nine people every time I drive down that street that are completely gone on crystal meth. It's disgusting and I don't see too many "controlled substance" arrests. One person told me (just moved here last year) that I wouldn't believe it if she told me, but the police are involved in keeping the users safe. NOW I REALLY FEEL SAFE. And it made sense. I see so many obvious users walking down the street and if it is obvious to me, it should be 100% times more obvious to them. It seems like they just "let it slide". Great, thanks Porterville Police Department. I feel safe now.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The night crawlers
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't check in. You might never check out.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank Jillian1
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2006

I'm not sure who wrote the other reviews, but I seemed to have had a totally different experience. Over the years I had come to expect that a Motel6 was not fancy, but clean. The Motel 6 in Porterville - and I'm not picky - was absolutely filthy. I would rather sleep in a tent in a park. Very Dirty in all aspects.

I would only stay here in a terrible pinch - and I would sleep in a sleeping bag on top of the beds.

Beware of the Motel 6 Porterville!!

• Liked — Close to Sequoia National Forst (Not Park - that is to the north)
  • Disliked — Dirty, Disgusting really
  • Tips/Secrets — Keep Going....
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
4 Thank Mndy1
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2006

We stayed at Motel 6 in Porterville, we stayed one night @ 38.87. They charged me $38.87 and $259.14 on my credit card. I called them to see why they charged me so much the manager told me I needed to go over there with my credit card and that he can not explain it over the phone. So I took time off of work went over there and they had already credit me 86.38. When I was there they had credit me the remaining balance. The manager was very rude and nasty about the whole situation. He not once tried to apologize for their mistake. I will not stay @ this Motel 6 in the future.

• Stayed January 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2005

I did stay at motel 6 in Porterville in sept of 05 and I must say that this is one of the best motels in the area, the price is cheaper that any other motel in the area and the room was very clean. I just pay 37.99 for a great service.

Stayed September 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porterville
Americas Best Value Inn - Porterville
Hampton Inn Visalia
Hampton Inn Visalia
#1 of 13 in Visalia
4.5 of 5 stars 607 reviews

Been to Motel 6 Porterville? Share your experiences!