“Trying Hard to Please”

Motel 6 Porterville
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Porterville
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

This location shows its age to some extent. Carpet stains and could use a little paint. HOWEVER, the price is right, staff excel at customer service and the place is quiet after 10:00 in the evening. I did not ever feel unsafe. Their is diversity in the occupants. So what? This is 2013. If you don't like it you need to take a time machine back to the 50s. It is apparent management is fixing past issues. I would stay here next time in town.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at better Motel 6s. The shower needs to be updated badly. There was no soap to wash your hands. Only one set of towels in the bathroom. You do get what you pay for. The people are friendly, easy to get to.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The motel perfectly reflects the brand image: for a good rate you get a room of sufficient size furnished with the classic Motel 6 furniture, if you need a fridge and microwave or the wi fi connection you can get it for an acceptable additional fee. The young lady on duty both at my check in and check out time was kind and professional. The location is definitely convenient, a couple of minutes by car from the main street in downtown and just a few hundred yards from a Hwy 65 exit. As soon as I entered my room I feared this proximity could be bothersome but at night time there wasn't any particolar problem dealing with the noise. Why this Motel 6 achieves in my overall rating a "poor" grade only instead of a deserved "average" one? Because, despite the room was clean, I found in the shower tray a long dark hair. It may happen, it doesn't necessarily means that the it hadn't been cleaned, it might simply belong to the person who did the room but I reckon that a double check would be mandatory. Would I stay at the Motel 6 Porterville again? Probably yes. Could I recommend it? Yes, just have a good look at the whole room first.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is a very basic Motel 6, an older one it seems. There are lots of rooms. Queen bed was a little lumpy. Bathroom with shower. AC was blasting cold air on arrival. Loud unit. There is lots of parking for trucks in the back. It was pretty inexpensive, even for a M6, but I would not reccomend it here. Its a cheap room if you are in the area.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2009

After a long trip from Oakland we were searching for a relatively cheap and clean Motel in Porterville.First we went to the two better motels in town but because of the high price we went to the cheaper motels.From the cheaper motels Motel6 was the best anyway,the room was clean and the staff friendly.Recommendable for an economic stay.If you really think this motel is dirty take a look at the other cheap motels in town,believe me you`d be glad to stay at motel6.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sportsterking666
Reviewed April 10, 2009

Arriving late, we were happy to find a cheap ($50 for four people) place to stay for one night.

Service was friendly and quick.

The room seemed small and the beds not very good. One kids complained that the blanket was "icky".

In the morning (daylight) we saw a bugger on the wall and under the beds lay snacks from several earlier stays (peanuts and pretzels to name a few).

Spend another 10 or 20 dollars and get a clean room somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Peter J
Reviewed August 27, 2008

Well ,my spouse has family there so why anybody would want to live live there is beyond me! stayed at other motels in Portervile and sad to say it was one of the better motels ..OMG cant believe I said that!! We Frequently visited there (not by my choice) yes it is infested with Tweekers but thats Porterville for you believe me !!! spent eight years visiting that sad city and they do flock to the motels . We even got a room with the broken Tv and they still charged us a regular rate! But no where else to go!!! Never took my kids there. .Left them in LA ...(much safer.).lol..lol. Once we stayed at the Hotel across that street was worse! This is more a truckers stop motel not for families!!! Advice: Keep driving a few more miles....

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family