This place is a bit strange.
On the hotel/Best Western website it stated that it is pet-friendly, but when booking through other sites, I read that no pets were allowed.
Since we had to take an elderly dog along for an overnight family trip, I called to check on their policy. The person answering put me on hold forever before returning to tell me that small pets were indeed allowed.
Grounds seemed run down for the price/level of the hotel. Strange characters hanging out along the back side. Semi trucks were left idling for hours along a sidestreet. Checked in to find out that there was an extra fee - $35 for the pet. Not a refundable deposit (which I have encountered at other places), but a non-refundable fee. This had not been mentioned on the website or in the phone call. We paid it, freshened up after the drive from LA, and headed out. Room was spacious and clean. Beds were quite comfortable.
Upon returning in the evening, the same shady men were hanging out in the street. When we entered our building, we encountered a STRONG, skunky, slightly familiar unmistakable odor. The hall REEKED of marijuana, which seemed particularly strange, since this was supposed to be a non-smoking (tobacco) property. The smell was strong, even in our room.
In the morning, the breakfast buffet was very well-stocked. The attendant seemed to take great pride in helpfulness and keeping everything clean and fresh.
After breakfast, I found the next problem. When most hotels say they offer "free internet" it means unlimited access. Not this one. Using the username and password provided in the room, you are credited with 10 free minutes of access. TEN MINUTES of INTERNET are FREE. You need to pay if you want more than this. Bizarre.
I feel like this place misled me at every turn to get my business and will not be returning. Next time I'm in Porterville overnight, I can stay next door and splurge for breakfast at Dennys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm and inviting staff welcomes you at the BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn. Experience small town hospitality and charm where the local scenery and beauty will captivate you and invite your senses to awake with pine trees and fresh country air. The possibilities of adventure and relaxation will draw you in with a short drive to Sequoia National Park and Yosemite National Park. The BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn is located in the heart of Porterville with easy access to everything. We are less than a half mile from Porterville College and Downtown Porterville. The McDermont Field House and Porterville Municipal Airport is just a few minutes away. The BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn provides both business and leisure travelers a comfortable and pleasant experience. By providing an unsurpassed degree of service, we are dedicated to ensuring our guests the utmost level of comfort. The BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn is a quaint hotel with all the comforts of your home away from home.For an intimate setting, guests can enjoy breakfast each morning in the casual ambiance of our breakfast room. The BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn offers an extended continental breakfast with an abundant variety of fresh items along with "make your own Belgian waffles." Guest can also enjoy the 24-Hour Denny's Restaurant on site. Guests can relax in our outdoor pool, whirlpool, and sun deck. All of our guest rooms feature full granite showers and vanities, television with pay-per-view movies, Nintendo, extended cable channels, and complimentary wireless high speed Internet access, private voicemail, hair dryer, coffee and tea service, and iron and ironing boards. Our new signature bedding includes triple sheet bedding, pillow tops, feather pillows, and soft duvets. Ample parking is always complimentary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Porterville Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Porterville Hotel Porterville
- Porterville Best Western
- Best Western Porterville Hotel