Best Western Porterville Inn
Village Inn(Tulare)
$54
$75
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $83/night.

$72
ComfortSuites
$95
Charter Inn & Suites(Tulare)(Great Value!)
$76
$73
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $86/night.

All reviewsmy home away from homecomfortable place to staysequoia national parkroom was cleanfree breakfastyogurthot breakfastenjoyed our staynice staycoffee makerwould stay here againfront desk staffmicrowaveinternettelevisioncouch
Reviewed July 1, 2009

Went to Porterville for a wedding and stayed here. Not cheap, especially given the location, but my room was spotless, nicely appointed, bed very comfortable. The interior courtyard has beautiful landscaping and the free breakfast was nicer than I was expecting. Staff was very nice. Overall I was very pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed May 17, 2009

The room was clean and in good repair. However one annoying thing was that the room A/C seems to have a minimum temp limit pre set because the room never got "cool". Kind of annoying when it's the hottest day of the year. The OnDemand TV was a pain. For some reason it wouldn't let us order from the TV. We called the desk and he said he'd check and get back to us but never did. We had dinner and then tried again. TV said the movie was unavailable until 8:35pm (I guess only one room can watch it at a time) We tried to order it then and had the same problem as earlier. We called the desk again and they finally fixed the problem. The picture quality was horrible but we paid $13 anyway. The hallways were unbearable hot. I took the kids down to the pool about 6pm and the pool area was a mess. I realize it had been recently used, but there was no excuse for the mess there ie, crackers all over the deck, over flowing trash cans complete with dirty diapers, newspapers flying about. Aside from that the grounds were nicely manicured and clean. The free breakfast was standard and typical, but I have no complaints. There was an attendant that kept things neat and tidy. There is a Denny's right next door and several fast food places very close by.
Bottom line is a nice clean room with some minor issues.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2009

I stayed here to be near friends for a wedding toward the end of April. It was a toss up between the Best Western and the Holiday Inn Express, which is practically next door, and I'm sure they're very similar. I was pleasantly surprised that the room wasn't outdated, and was quite clean. The bathroom definitely exceeded my expectations, but the free little amenities did not - no lotion and the weather was horrendously dry. Nice showerhead, good temperature and good pressure. The prison-grade toilet paper wasn't great. I did walk down the hall in the morning to sample the free breakfast, and it was a starch-fest; cereal, toast, muffins, danish, and the waffle-maker. There were some apples in a basket, but i could see a few were rotting, so I avoided them. When I arrived, the batter for the waffle-maker was out, and it took about 15 minutes for someone to come back with more. Check in and check-out were a breeze, but I really hate that the website gives you a rate and them mentions something vague about specific taxes being charged at the hotel, so the online rate doesn't match the real rate by nearly $10. I booked the no cancellation, pre-paid rate, and the grand total was right at $100. Really, probably too much for this area, but it was clean and I felt safe. If I ever ended up in Porterville again, I would be happy to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kak513
ManagerBWPI, manager at Best Western Porterville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2009

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is very important to us. This information will be reviewed carefully to see where changes will be made, if necessary. We do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed May 2, 2009

We have spent 3 nights on 2 occasions during the month of April and did not have any problem with the staff or the room quality. We did experience problems with other guests and the excessive noise that they made in the middle of the night between 11PM and 5AM (loud talking and door slamming). The hotel was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The grounds were well maintained with lots of roses and bougainnvillea. The included breakfast consists of fresh fruit, rolls, waffles, oatmeal or cold cereal and was very good. The lobby had fresh apples and cookies in the evening. There is a peculiarity about security the begins in the evening. The only way guest can speak (face to face) with the staff is though a security window in the front of the building. The pool is slightly heated and the spa is warm and moderately jetted. Personal services are available for hair, nails or massage by appointment. Wi-fi access was free and I did not experience any access problems.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. Your feedback is very much appreciated. The disturbance caused by other guests is always a matter of concern. When notified, we take steps to end the disturbance as soon as possible. We take care of our landscape, we get many compliments on the beauty of our flowers.

Reviewed November 20, 2008

This is a clean, pleasant place to stay. the front desk folks are warm and helpful.

It is so good to have a computer available. The breakfast is fine with waffle and a person who keeps the place clean as a whistle.

For me, the bed was too soft, but that is just my personal preference.

I stay here whenever I come to Porterville.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)