I stayed here to be near friends for a wedding toward the end of April. It was a toss up between the Best Western and the Holiday Inn Express, which is practically next door, and I'm sure they're very similar. I was pleasantly surprised that the room wasn't outdated, and was quite clean. The bathroom definitely exceeded my expectations, but the free little amenities did not - no lotion and the weather was horrendously dry. Nice showerhead, good temperature and good pressure. The prison-grade toilet paper wasn't great. I did walk down the hall in the morning to sample the free breakfast, and it was a starch-fest; cereal, toast, muffins, danish, and the waffle-maker. There were some apples in a basket, but i could see a few were rotting, so I avoided them. When I arrived, the batter for the waffle-maker was out, and it took about 15 minutes for someone to come back with more. Check in and check-out were a breeze, but I really hate that the website gives you a rate and them mentions something vague about specific taxes being charged at the hotel, so the online rate doesn't match the real rate by nearly $10. I booked the no cancellation, pre-paid rate, and the grand total was right at $100. Really, probably too much for this area, but it was clean and I felt safe. If I ever ended up in Porterville again, I would be happy to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm and inviting staff welcomes you at the BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn. Experience small town hospitality and charm where the local scenery and beauty will captivate you and invite your senses to awake with pine trees and fresh country air. The possibilities of adventure and relaxation will draw you in with a short drive to Sequoia National Park and Yosemite National Park. The BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn is located in the heart of Porterville with easy access to everything. We are less than a half mile from Porterville College and Downtown Porterville. The McDermont Field House and Porterville Municipal Airport is just a few minutes away. The BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn provides both business and leisure travelers a comfortable and pleasant experience. By providing an unsurpassed degree of service, we are dedicated to ensuring our guests the utmost level of comfort. The BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn is a quaint hotel with all the comforts of your home away from home.For an intimate setting, guests can enjoy breakfast each morning in the casual ambiance of our breakfast room. The BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn offers an extended continental breakfast with an abundant variety of fresh items along with "make your own Belgian waffles." Guest can also enjoy the 24-Hour Denny's Restaurant on site. Guests can relax in our outdoor pool, whirlpool, and sun deck. All of our guest rooms feature full granite showers and vanities, television with pay-per-view movies, Nintendo, extended cable channels, and complimentary wireless high speed Internet access, private voicemail, hair dryer, coffee and tea service, and iron and ironing boards. Our new signature bedding includes triple sheet bedding, pillow tops, feather pillows, and soft duvets. Ample parking is always complimentary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Best Western + Iniative, Cancelon, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Porterville Hotel Porterville
- Porterville Best Western
- Best Western Porterville Hotel