New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn

BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Porterville
Huntington Beach
“Hotel is a good value for this area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

We have spent 3 nights on 2 occasions during the month of April and did not have any problem with the staff or the room quality. We did experience problems with other guests and the excessive noise that they made in the middle of the night between 11PM and 5AM (loud talking and door slamming). The hotel was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The grounds were well maintained with lots of roses and bougainnvillea. The included breakfast consists of fresh fruit, rolls, waffles, oatmeal or cold cereal and was very good. The lobby had fresh apples and cookies in the evening. There is a peculiarity about security the begins in the evening. The only way guest can speak (face to face) with the staff is though a security window in the front of the building. The pool is slightly heated and the spa is warm and moderately jetted. Personal services are available for hair, nails or massage by appointment. Wi-fi access was free and I did not experience any access problems.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
ManagerBWPI, manager at BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn, responded to this review, May 10, 2009
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. Your feedback is very much appreciated. The disturbance caused by other guests is always a matter of concern. When notified, we take steps to end the disturbance as soon as possible. We take care of our landscape, we get many compliments on the beauty of our flowers.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
santa rosa, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2008

This is a clean, pleasant place to stay. the front desk folks are warm and helpful.

It is so good to have a computer available. The breakfast is fine with waffle and a person who keeps the place clean as a whistle.

For me, the bed was too soft, but that is just my personal preference.

I stay here whenever I come to Porterville.

• Liked — front desk , cleanliness
  • Disliked — soft bed
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2007

Stayed one night here for business in July 2006. Accomodations are relatively limited in Porterville. The Best Western is the best of the bunch. This hotel is frequented by staff of the US Forest Service and California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection as it is the closest hotel to the nearby national and state forests.

Nothing spectacular about this place. It is a typical chain hotel with average amenities and services. The room A/C worked well as it was in the 110's outside. Though the complementary breakfast buffet was not that great, the hotel provides good value.

• Liked — The room A/C worked like a charm!
  • Disliked — The complimentary breakfast was not that great.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank YVRTraveller
Gmbwport, Manager at BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn, responded to this review, October 5, 2008
We appreciate your response. We have just recently been made aware about the TripAdvisor and the reviews from travelers. So, the reviews, however old, are new to us. On the breakfast side, we have added boiled eggs, and of course, we offer the hot waffles plus various other items such as danish roll, muffins, frest fruits, cereals, oatmeal, milk (2% and Not Fat) coffee, and various flavored tea. We invited to check us out.
Modesto, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2005

We made a reservation for two rooms for a Saturday night. Our friends tried to check into one of the rooms, and the hotel staff said my reservation was only for one room. They would be happy to give them that room, but could not guarantee my room if they took it. They told us, I called the hotel. Then they said it WAS for two rooms! I asked them why they turned my friends away, they denied it all, got argumentative with me and rude. I told them I was not paying for the second room since my friends found another place down the road. We checked in and then the rate was higher and they refused to accept my confirmed reservation quote! She even pulled out a chart to show me how wrong I was. (I have the hard copy with the correct rate). When we arrived at our destination event, we were told by the locals that the staff has always been rude and uncooperative and we should have stayed somewhere else. They refused to send people there for this reason.
The next morning, the water shut off during my husband's shower. I called the desk and they agreed the water was off, with expected turn on time of 1 1/2 hours! I told them it was unacceptable. They turned it back on. When I checked out, I overheard housekeeping confirming she had called everyone to report the water would be off at noon (it was off at 11:00 a.m.) and they never called us! Staff was unresponsive, offered no discount for the trouble, and the night staff was rude.
I worked for a Best Western for four years and never treated guests like this. I will not go back. I will settle for a less nice room to be treated better.

Stayed December 2005
13 Thank Penguin885

Travelers are raving about these Porterville hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2005

I live in porterville and compared to the other motels, this one is Paradise.

Stayed February 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porterville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Porterville
Americas Best Value Inn - Porterville
BEST WESTERN Exeter Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulare
Hampton Inn & Suites Tulare

Been to BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn? Share your experiences!