“Front Desk Agent- Rude” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Porterville
Clovis, United States
“Front Desk Agent- Rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

The front desk agent- Minnie is so rude and short with me even though I stayed at this hotel many times (10-12 days). First she tells me I don't need the exempt form, even though I know I'm a government employee and exempt from tax. Then when I go back to the office to get reimbursed the tax is on there, she says I didn't fill out the form upon arrival- this is so frustrating and she is gets all short with me again, it's a terrible process and I've had to do it at least 3 times. I decided to have my travel preparer to start having me stay at Holiday Inn.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Desert Hot Springs, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Very clean, comfortable rooms with massage and beauty shops on site and a Denny's attached at the back. Free parking and internet, pretty good breakfast. Would definitely stay here again. Note, if you're visiting to see the National Sequoia Monument, check with the forestry, ancient sequoia monument office; we did and the very helpful staff there advised the winter roads were still closed. Saved us hours and showed us the best route for getting to the National Sequoia Park.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Had to stay in Porterville because of convenience, not by choice. Stayed at the Best Western based on price compared with the Holiday Inn. Location is ok with easy access from the highway. Rooms were actually pretty good, large and clean and we had an inner room which looked out to the pool area. This seemed much nicer than the outside facing rooms. I had continued problems with my swipe access card, but the lady at reception was always polite and helpful.
Dinner at Denny's was terrible so I suggest eating somewhere else in Porterville. The only good thing was that it is next to the motel. Breakfast in the motel itself was average, again I'd eat elsewhere.
Served it's purpose as a stop over point but I would be looking to stay elsewhere, preferably not in Porterville.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I am staying 2 nights on business. I come regularly to this hotel to work on a project nearby. The competing Holliday Inn was pricy and about the same.
Everything seems to work, the bed is comfortable and the room clean. Only they forgot to stock any shampoo or conditioner, which I did not notice til I was in the shower, too bad.

Room Tip: I chose a room towards the (inner circle) overlooking the pool - much quieter (#253). The outer roo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Santa Clara, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Porterville Best Western Inn - wish they had dinner as dinner at Denny's left a lot to be desired. The value of the room was worth the stay. The breakfast was terrific! The staff was great and very accommodating! The bed could have been better - it wasn't as plush and comfy as the other Best Western's we stayed at on this trip and it's the ONLY reason we rated this "very good". all else was great! We felt safe and secure with the security system in place.

Room Tip: I would stay here again - just didn't like the food at Denny's so if you're looking for...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Janesville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Room #1, the toilet would not flush. Room #2, night stands had not been cleaned, bathroom counter had not been cleaned and the bedspread was dirty. The dust ruffle was pulled out on the bottom so I believe the sheets may not have been changed either. Room #3 was acceptable so we stayed. When moving the car closer to the room, a drug deal was witnessed at the end of the parking lot. The show water was warm but not hot.
This was certainly not what we expected from a Best Western. The other 2 nights we had planned to stay were canceled and we stayed in a nearby town.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Porterville hotels

Sacramento,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Got this on Priceline for $65/ nt. Great value. Clean and modern. Great staff. Breakfasts were solid: Eggs, waffles, cereals, bread, pastries, etc. Free Newspaper.We will be going back. Parking lot was pretty safe.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porterville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Porterville
Americas Best Value Inn - Porterville
BEST WESTERN Exeter Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge
Hampton Inn & Suites Tulare
Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center

Been to BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn? Share your experiences!