Best Western Porterville Inn
$70
Motel 6 Porterville(Porterville)
All reviewsmy home away from homecomfortable place to staysequoia national parkroom was cleanfree breakfastyogurthot breakfastenjoyed our staynice staycoffee makerwould stay here againfront desk staffmicrowaveinternettelevisioncouch
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We came here after a day in Sequoia. We were able ring up and reserve a room for that night, which was really good. The hotel itself had a lovely lobby area. Our room was ok - fairly standard for the brand. The staff were really helpful, especially in telling us where to eat. We also enjoyed the hot tub, though it could have done with a clean out as there were a number of leaves in it. Breakfast was fairly good too.

All in all, a perfect stop-over hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2012

My husband & I stayed here several nights in Feb. The staff here are great--very friendly and helpful. The room & bathroom were very clean, though the hotel itself is a bit tired; but hey, it's Porterville :). The outdoor hot tub was up and running and the pool area was well kept. Breakfast was OK; again, as expected. We appreciated the fridge, micro and free internet. The beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nestless
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I make frequent business trips to the San Joaquin Valley, and have always stayed in the towns along Hwy 99. On this trip I decided to check out Porterville lodging, about 15 miles west of 99. I was pleased to find this Best Western at a reasonable price. I was greeted by a gas fireplace in the lobby. The place has the ambience of a slightly dated but clean and comfortable resort. The outdoor pool and spa occupy a large courtyard. Room was fairly clean, just a little dust in the corners, with large abstract paintings on the walls, and fully furnished with fridge and microwave. Hot breakfast included sausage and eggs. Porterville is nestled at the base of the Sierra foothills. Don't miss the drive west on Rt 190, with orange groves and spectacular views of the High Sierras just 15 minutes away. Watch your directions carefully, as the motel access from 190 is a little tricky. The inn is located in a business park with some truck traffic from a Walmart distribution center, but noise wasn't a problem with a courtyard facing room. My only gripe was a mistaken wake-up call (too early), but this gave me a little time to explore the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside room and AAA rate.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank arbornet
Reviewed February 15, 2012

A simple & quiet area , with a few eating places just blocks away . An average continental breakfast . Decent room & large bathroom . I travel alone so I cannot comment on other types of rooms . Grounds is ok , hotel located at end of street off state hwy . A little that that late night check-in is through a teller type window with thick glass . Used to face to face check-in . Makes you wonder about the area . Would stay there again , I had no problems .

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Being based in Australia it is difficult for me to find a suitable time to phone hotels in the US and in this particular case I needed to forward booking details. So it's 2012 and as email is fairly well established (!!) it was the obvious first choice method to communicate with Best Western Plus Porterville.

I've now sent FOUR emails, the first on 5 January (minutes after making an error with my booking) and have still not received a reply (it's now 20 Jan). This will be my first visit to California; it's not looking good.

If the GM of Best Western Plus Porterville is reading this ... check your EMAILS!!!

Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family