I was traveling alone on business from out of state. This hotel seemed to have good reviews on TripAdvisor.com, so I took a chance. I had never been to Porterville and had many questions for the desk staff. They were incredibly helpful, especially one young lady. I believe her name may have been Amy. (Forgive me if I'm wrong.) I needed a haircut and she volunteered to contact her personal hair dresser. I asked about where to find a place to buy some of those great CA oranges and she not only mapped out a few locations of produce stands for me, but she further researched additional options. She was very personable and I appreciated all she did! I also appreciated the gift bag that the gentleman who checked me in handed to me. What a great touch! It's those little extras, like a bottle of water and a snack, that makes customers remember truly excellent service & care.
I paid a little extra for the King Suite, and it was well worth it! The room was excellent! It was clean and spacious. It was equipped with fridge, extra sink, microwave, iron & board, hairdryer, etc. I really liked the little extras, such as the body scrub, sewing kit, in-wall bathroom shelves, extra large shower head, extra pillows, fast internet connection, coffee maker, etc. The continental breakfast had many warm & cold options & I was quite satisfied with this. My only regret is that, after passing all those wonderful orange groves on the way in, there were no oranges at the breakfast buffet. I came in late, so if they did have any, it's possible they were gone by the time I arrived. They did provide fresh orange juice, cranberry juice, several milk options, and coffee/tea, aside from the eggs, cereal, yogurt, toast, bagels, sausage, muffins, cinnamon buns, bananas, etc.
I've stayed in many hotels. I cannot recall any that topped my experience here. I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Porterville, CA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Porterville, CA. A warm and friendly staff awaits you at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Porterville, California. We are minutes away from Lake Success and Eagle Mountain Casino. Our prime location will put you with in minutes of famous attractions such as the Sequoia National Forest, Kings Canyon National Park and California Hot Springs. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start breakfast bar, served every morning, complete with our Signature Cinnamon Rolls. Hotel features include: an outdoor pool and Jacuzzi, business center, fitness center, complimentary high-speed Internet access throughout the entire hotel. All of our spacious guest rooms have 32' flat screen TVs, ultra comfy pillow top mattresses, convenient desk space, microwaves and refrigerators. Visit Porterville, CA and Stay Smart at The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Porterville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Porterville
- Holiday Inn Porterville
- Porterville Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Porterville