“Prime Rib Special” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Porterville, California
“Prime Rib Special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Been a while since I've had prime rib this good, cooked perfectly (med-rare), thick, juicy, and great flavor. Came with a huge flaky baked potato, green salad, and bread, all this for $12.50 on Wednesdays starting at 4 PM. I think I'll have to do this again, and soon. A glass of merlot was only $2.75.....what a deal. Oh, and yes, this place looks like it's seen better days, but the service was good, didn't have to wait for our food, so I can deal with eating in a time warp.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank RicDic

Lindsay, California
“terrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We recently went there on a Saturday night and it was busy so we expected to wait but when our food came it was cold and the salad was not fresh. the whole place looked like it has had a good detail cleaning in a while so the whole time I tried to eat I tried not to think of how the kitchen must look. the waitresses were so rushed that they rushed customer service out the door that we never received our drink refills. Will never go back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Esmeralda M
Porterville, California
“Still going strong after 40yrs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Where else can you get a T-Bone steak, baked potato, salad and bread for $11.00?? This place has been a staple in P-Ville since the 70's!! It has an upstairs and downstairs. The name "The Cellar" came about because that's where it started. In the cellar. "The Mint" was a bar above The Cellar. When The Mint went out of business in the 90's , a couple months later The Cellar expanded. On weekends they still open up the original Cellar downstairs. I can still remember "Bud", the original owner packing a .38 on his hip in plain sight on Saturday nights years ago. This place has everything you could think of ordering. They also have a full bar.

2 Thank Mestisoboy
Victorville, California
“Used to be GREAT”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have not been there for about a year, so I was dying to get back. Their prices went up and the food quality went down. The service is still good but the drinks taste water down. I was drinking Sierra Mist and it did not taste like sierra Mist. The steak I bought was not the same quality as the last time I was there. The fries are like rubber and were frozen not fresh. I will go out of my way next time to eat there again. Very sad that it has gone down hill. I have been eating there for 7 years.

• Visited August 2013