“A good go-to place” 4 of 5 bubbles

El Tapatio
Ranked #5 of 101 Restaurants in Porterville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Porterville, California
“A good go-to place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Family run, good food, fast. I've never had a bad time there. I wonder sometimes about how valid some reviews are.

• Visited March 2014

Visalia, California
“My family and I will never eat there again!!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

My mother in law found a long hair in her food. Instead of being apologetic we received nothing but attitude. After being grossed out we brought our left overs home and my 11 year old daughter found a black pubic hair in her burrito. We called and the women we talked to said she was the owners daughter and glorified about being in business for 35 years. Tell that to someone who cares because we have a big family and will be advising every one we know. I never write reviews but will not tolerate this disgusting acts.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Porterville, California
“Poor customer service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had to wait 25 minutes to get my food. The server was slow. Did not check to see if we needed any refills. We had to flag her down most of the time. Food is great, can't complain in that department.

• Visited November 2013
Wiesbaden, Germany
“A taste of home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I lived in Porterville for many years before moving to northern California, I try to visit family at least once a year and when I do, I ALWAYS have to stop and eat here. I recommend the camerones ranchera. Their margaritas are also excellent. Every memory I have of eating here is a happy one with my friends and family around the booth. Anyone visiting the area should absolutely stop here.

• Visited May 2013
Modesto, California
“Great Mexican Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We order here if my wife doesn't want to cook. Our favorite is the Junior Burrito which is really huge. You can order extra meat on it if you want. This restaurant has been in Porterville since forever.

The restaurant has decent space but parking can be tricky. There is adjacent parking spaces which you can use.

• Visited December 2012