“dirty kitchenette”

Casa Via Mar Inn and Tennis Club
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Port Hueneme
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way to San Diego. At check-in our reservation couldn't be found, so it took quite a while to get checked in. When we got to our room, the lights didn't work so we had to move to another room. The second room seemed clean and quiet enough, but when we took a look at the kitchenette we found empty beer cans, dirt pots and pans, and dishes sitting in the sink. The fridge still had someone's left-overs sitting there. Not pleasant. The room was very basic, and a bit outdated. I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TinekeVC

Reviewed March 28, 2012

The check in person had trouble finding the reservation and could have been more welcoming. The room was spacious but felt dated--the TV was old and many channels were snowy. On the plus side, the bed was pretty firm--and that is the most important thing in a motel. Still, the walls and ceilings are thin--as often is the case with older motels, so one hears every movement in the floor above. Unfortunately, since many patrons are there to go fishing early in the morning, breakfast starts after the boats have sailed. They did provide some good donuts for early risers.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank joerussin
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This place is not for everybody. BUT..my wife and I keep coming back. Maybe it's the full
breakfast that's free...or maybe it's the free LA Times paper every morning or the fresh donuts and coffee all day. Maybe it's the Happy Hour (Thurs.,Fri.,& Sat....I think) where cocktails are
$1.00 !! Yep....Bombay gin cocktails to order for a buck !! No...I think it's the heated pool and
quiet spa.....or the use of their tennis courts. Wait....I know what it is. It's the "Manager's Special" where you can get your first night for $69, second night for $64, and third night for
$59. Not enough ?? Make sure you ask for your free bottle of wine when you check in....and, if they can, they'll upgrade you (for free) to a room with a full kitchen. I am NOT making this up.
We love this place.'Nuf said..........

Room Tip: Go online for their "Managers Special"...just type in Casa Via Mar...Port Hueneme
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Motel is a bit old, but their service and location makes up for it. Rooms are large and they offer hot breakfast everyday along with $1 drinks from Wednesday to Saturday. Restaurants are at walking distance. Good for families and military personnel coming for training. Main gate of naval base is 5 minutes away.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Older motel, but good sized , clean rooms, very quiet, and very comfortable bed, a not to bad continental breakfast, and decent heated pool.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank dulingde
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I needed a place to stay while I visited my daughter that had recently moved to this area. I went on line and made reservations and liked the price, manager's special $59.00 a night. This was half of what the other places wanted so, I figured that it would be a dive. When I checked in, I had asked just for a basic room, but they had upgraded me to a room with a kitchen and dining area. The refrigerator was larger than 5 star resort ones. The kitchen had a microwave, a stove and cupboards with plates and cups.
I was impressed with the cleanliness, king bed and couch that was more than adequate. They also have breakfast which was very good, plus a happy hour each day.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ravenlady
Reviewed September 22, 2011

My wife and I recently had an opportunity to Visit Oxnard, CA and stayed with the Casa Via Mar. We were surprised at the wealth of amenities available for free and the hospitality of the staff. We did take advantage of the free coffee and pastries. We loved the location and all of the great places within walking distance! we are looking for an excuse to go back and visit Casa Via Mar as soon as possible. .

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Inn at Oxnard
Inn at Oxnard
#11 of 14 in Oxnard

Been to Casa Via Mar Inn and Tennis Club? Share your experiences!