Casa Via Mar Inn and Tennis Club
  • Fitness center
Surfside Motel(Port Hueneme)
Seaside Inn(Port Hueneme)
View Hotel
All reviewsstandard roomhampton innrooms are spaciouscomplimentary breakfastmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 17, 2010

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. My partner and I stayed for the weekend, then checked out because we thought we found a better deal some place else. Well, we didnt so we checked backed into the hotel 3 hours after leaving.Also, we checked back into the same room. The ONLY thing that was ABSOLUTLY DISAPPOINTING about this place, was the fact that i left my $120 BRAND NEW DRESS hanging on the bathroom door, (i had wore it once for 3 hrs) and when we checked back in, my dress was gone and WAS NOT turned into the office. WE WERE GONE FOR 3 HOURS. And the front desk wasnt very sympathetic about it either. All in all, besides that. The visit was very nice., We stayed for 3 weeks.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2010

The rooms look like they were decorated in the 70's and never updated. When we entered our room it smelled like cigarettes and alcohol. There were quite a few shady looking characters checked into the hotel. The beds were low quality and several of us had sore backs the next day. Might be cool if you are young and in the Navy, but I won't be coming back.

Reviewed October 26, 2009

Family vacation, 4 families, 4 rooms, 11 people total.
**SERVICE ** I contacted hotel staff 1 month prior to dates needed. I wanted to ensure first dibs on downstairs, non-smoking rooms, with AC because children & elderly were involved. It was nice to have been given the option to place the rooms on hold prior to making the official reservations. A couple of reminder phone calls were made to double check the information previously established. Almost all of us drove over 200 miles to get there. The 1st family that arrived had to settle in a room upstairs without AC because their room was not available until tomorrow. Two other sets of guest were given smoking rooms and had to re-request NON-smoking ones. I got the room we requested but no AC. It took longer than expected to get everyone settled and finally start our vacation. When I checked in, the lady at the front desk was polite, the blond, short haired lady there when I checked out was NOT so. She placed my receipt on the table, said “here”, turned around, & walked away. Not a, “thank you for staying at…” nor something along the lines. Other than that, our stay there was pleasant.
**VALUE ** We all enjoyed the pool area. Happy hour was cool and their complementary breakfast good. The spacious room (w/kitchen) allowed for all 11 of us to enjoy a meal in the same room!. I was very content with the rate we all got. Hotel movies & TV kept us entertained too.
**LOCATION ** It was perfect for us. Friends lived near by and the beach is a short driving distance away. Lots of food places around & within walking distance. Weather was very pleasant
**NOTE ** Rated so because it is my personal experience .

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Tennis4u20, Manager at Casa Via Mar Inn and Tennis Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2009

Family vacations are so much fun!, We sincerely Thank you and your loved ones for having spend your vacation time at the "Casa".
We appriciate your comment. Please accept our apologies for any inconviences, best wishes to you and your family and hope to accommodate your stay again in the near future.

Reviewed July 8, 2009

My boyfriend and I reacently stayed at this hotel for a wedding over the Fourth of July weekend. Everything about the hotel was great, even though the style is a little older fashioned but I think it just goes with the area. The room was clean and the sheets were changed every day, we showed up to our room when the maid was in the middle of changing our sheets. Our room had an air conditioner but after talking to a few of the other guest at the wedding that were also staying at the hotel I learned that not all the rooms had one. I didn't find that it was hot enough to really need it on everyday, even though my boyfriend did, I know on the hotter days it would be crazy necessary. So if you do stay here try to request a room with one just in case. The pool and jacuzzi area were clean and well kept. I didn't wake up in time for the breakfast or made it to happy hour so I can't comment on them. I do however have a recommendation, definietly try Mrs. Olson's.....the food is fantastic and you get A LOT of it, there usually is a wait so if you area party of more then 4 be prepared to wait but trust me it is definietly worth it!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Tennis4u20, manager at Casa Via Mar Inn and Tennis Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2009

Congratulations to the Newlyweds! and Thank You for your positive response. This lovely area of California is relatively cool most times of the year, I'm happy to announce our completion of our downstairs units with air-conditioning and in process of completing the upstairs. We look forward to your next visit and hope your travels will bring you back to stay with us.

Reviewed April 30, 2009

stayed here for 4 days and nice place. kept up well, clean, and friendly staff. had air conditioned room but not all rooms air conditioned. breakfast is basic but okay. great deal for the price.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Tennis4u, Manager at Casa Via Mar Inn and Tennis Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2009

We sincerely thank you for your business, we want all of our guests to feel "home away from home" when they stay at the Casa Via Mar and appreciate your comment. Look forward to providing you accomodations in the near future.