“Great Value, Nice rooms, Pleasant Staff”

Americas Best Value Inn Oxnard / Port Hueneme
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Port Hueneme
san diego
“Great Value, Nice rooms, Pleasant Staff”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Have stayed here a few times. Rooms are clean. Newer rooms are very good size. Staff is very pleasant. Given the price point and proximity to the beach and restaurants a very good deal. Will definitely stay here again! Make sure you ask for one of the "newer" rooms as they appear to be larger in size with more amenities.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank cbad2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed January 27, 2013

In times past, this was a pretty nice property and, as its name suggests, a good value. Not any more! Rooms and especially bathrooms in terrible shape. 1. past "guests" have carved names and slogans into the furniture! 2. no telephones (either stolen by guests or not provided). 3. dirty blankets 4. insufficient towels 5. no clothes hangers 6. drawers don't operate without tugging 7. tv remote cracked and missing doors 8. toilets sometime do not flush 9. drains sometimes drain very slowly 10. grout in bathroom dirty and/or missing 11. rooms not cleaned every day of stay... just fresh towels.

We gave this place a couple of tries because the folk are very pleasant... but we gave up because the owners will not put penny one into the many many problems. Something is wrong and the environmental health folk need to take a look.

Room Tip: Oh yes... to choose a good room, go elsewhere!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SJM921
Neeta P, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Oxnard / Port Hueneme, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
We are pleased to announce that a number of our rooms have new furniture, bedding, and baths.
You make have visited us during this transition and we do apologize. I brought your comments to our housekeeping department and we have stocked out rooms with more towel and hangers. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I did notice that you you have visited us a few times before and I hope that you give us another try when you are out in this area.
Wellington, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Very pleasant people who run this motel, even gave us an upgrade! Room was large and very clean. just down the road is the Sea bees museum which is worth a visit. A very safe motel. Although breakfast is included there wasn't a lot to choose from except cakes. Steill well worth the money, very pleased with our stay

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
USA
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Ok, the place is clean and has a good rate. But strange things seem to be happening.... 1) the laminated paper @ the front desk and on the room door lists some general "hotel rules", only the 2nd rule is NO PROSTITUTION! Ummm, what? Also the room sort of smelled like citrus cleaner @ first, but now smells like animal urine/kitty litter. Not sure what is up w/ that, cuz there is no carpet, but maybe they used to allow pets and just covered up the bad carpet w/ wood tiling? Owner is kind of weird and seems to stalk the grounds a lot. As long as my car dosent get busted into, guess I'm cool w/ it. @ any rate, since it was clean, cheap, and has fast internet, I guess its allright. Most places in Cali are frustrating, and this hotel is no different. Just wish id had a stuffed nose that night!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank AmericanTravlr
Neeta P, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Oxnard / Port Hueneme, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
We have been in business for over 35 years in Port Hueneme. Our motto is to run a reputable business. The sign that you mention is dated from over 35 years ago. And thanks to your feedback, we have removed it from our property. Since your visit, new carpet has been installed in the rooms. We certainly hope to see you back at our property very soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I travel to Ventura County several times per week and this is the best deal in town. Direct t.v. w/ internet acces, you can't beat it. Close to the beach w/ restaurants and fast food within walkimg or driving distance. The staff is pleasant and helpful also. Keep up the good work y'all. I suggest America Best Value Inn to all my friends and family.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank kapone93033
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I have to admit, I was skeptical. I had booked a reservation at A.B.V.I., then came across a post that was less than sterling. Well, it was to late to change my reservation so I checked in. What I experienced was nothing like the derogatory review I had seen.
The hotel is clean, well run and safe. I had a couple of opportunities to speak with the manager and his wife, and found them friendly and accommodating. The rooms have been recently updated, and house keeping is reliable and I didn't have to worry about my property.
Fortunately, I didn't take the disgruntled guest advise. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank tennisball_11
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I had a nice one night stay here. My room was upgraded to a larger room with a king
sized bed. The room was clean, had a mini-fridge & microwave. Motel was very
convenient with a Thai & Vietnamese Pho restaurants closeby. Couch in the room
had seen better days. Staff was very cordial & accomodating. Only negative for me was
the breakfast was not available until 8am. Very quiet & restful.

Room Tip: Join the ABV
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Inn at Oxnard
#10 of 14 in Oxnard
Best Western Oxnard Inn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Oxnard / Port Hueneme? Share your experiences!