“Don't waste your money on these dirty, run down rooms with rude service.”

Americas Best Value Inn Oxnard / Port Hueneme
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Port Hueneme
“Don't waste your money on these dirty, run down rooms with rude service.”
Reviewed May 17, 2011

My husband and I checked in and went to the room. The room was small, the curtain didn't close completely, their was writing on the wall and scratched into the furniture. We were tired and decided to put our bags down and settle in anyways. Then my husband tried to turn on the TV. It didn't work and that was enough for us. We were only in the room 2 minutes and were charged $25 for the 2 tissues my husband used to blow his nose. If that wasn't enough, the guy at the desk was rude when we told him we were taking our business elsewhere and that the TV didn't work. He kept implying that there was something illegal going on in the 2 minutes we were in the room. That right there tells me that he must run into that type of illegal activity on a regular basis. Ewwwww! If you are a Navy family hoping to stay near base, don't. Scrape up a little more cash and stay at the big hotel down the street. It's much cleaner, comfortable and you get a good breakfast, in the morning.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank 14Navymom99
Neeta P, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Oxnard / Port Hueneme, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Unfortunately, your visit was before our remodel. The rooms now have beautiful new furniture and flat screen T.V.'s. I apologize for your unsatisfactory customer service from the front desk. I assure you that we have taken appropriate action so this does not happen again. Our rooms do include breakfast in the morning and we hope that you give us another try when you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I have been here several times and each time I find a clean room, friendly staff and a place to get away to. Sam, in the front office, has been particularly helpful to me in the past and I look forward to his help each time I come. I use the place as a personal retreat spot and it is perfect for my needs.

Room Tip: The Queen bed room is nice
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank marcpeter
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed March 31, 2011

...Hotel is very clean. Close to a supermarket, liquor store, restaurant and fastfood. It's on the bicycle route of the Pacific Coast, so no extra miles to go.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Biggi1979
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We stayed at the end of our trip down the Pacific Coast Highway when LA was just too far away for the day. Found the place to be great value. The lovely guy behind the counter very kindly upgraded us for free from a double to a king room and the room was absolutely huge! The room was in very good condiiton, had a fridge and microwave and lovely hot shower. There were hundreds of channels on the TV and the wifi worked perfectly. Slept really well.
Close to plenty of restaurants and the diner on the corner of the motel was perfect for a cheap and hearty breakfast.
Overall I would recommend.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leebee9
Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed May 5, 2010

Clean .. nice people .. std. class rooms .. marginal TV reception .. lots of towels, etc. .. WiFi. Make sure you get directions from hotel people as GPS will take you out of the way if you are coming from LAX. There are much nicer/more expensive motels on the N. side of the base .. but beware of some real hell holes further away from the base in Port Hueneme. If you need to work - then sleep - at a reasonable cost, this works. Jim/Salisbury Maryland

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 3, 2009

“The staff was friendly, hard working and very accommodating. There was a nice and clean carpeting all over but the room I was given was bit smaller than I wanted. Upon request, I was moved to the newer wing with a larger room without any hesitation. Microwave, coffeemaker, and little refrigerator came real handy. The hotel’s restaurant was our favorite place during our stay for great meals at budget prices. What a difference, from my previous visit, five years ago, when it was being renovated.”

Robert Zimmer
Chicago, Illinois

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Houston
Reviewed September 9, 2009

We, family of four stayed in Americas Best Value Inn, Oxnard/Port Hueneme, California for our vacation during July 4th holidays for five days.
Our stay was very pleasant. Rooms were very clean, staff was very friendly, courteous, and very helpful.
The rooms were newly renovated with taste and comfort. The location was within walking distance to pacific ocean, clean beaches, and great restaurants.
We will certainly recommend to anybody to stay who is coming for vacation or business trip.
A.Patel

Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor
BEST WESTERN Oxnard Inn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Oxnard / Port Hueneme? Share your experiences!