“Nice, Clean Hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Port Hueneme
Chandler, Arizona
“Nice, Clean Hotel!”
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Recently stayed with a High School Band - Rooms were spacious and clean. The breakfast was awesome. Fast, friendly service. Oversized breakfast room able to accommodate our group. Perfect location for where we needed to be.
Every staff member that I saw greeted me with a warm smile.
I am sorry that I did not make it to the beach, but several in our group got up early and went jogging and they said that the beach was really nice.

Room Tip: We had a corner room with windows on 2 walls.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jbn46
silviaflaaten, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Hueneme, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
We would like to thank you for taking time out of your personal life to write a review about your experience here at our hotel.

We are glad you felt welcomed and that we could accomodate you and your group. We recommend you consider a future stay us. Maybe even make your unvisited trip to our beautiful local beach a great reason for a short return to our establishment!

Hope to see you again soon.
Sincelerely,
Silvia Bernard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I had read all the reviews and wasn't sure what to expect. I arrived around 5.00pm and checked in straight away. She explained the evening reception and breakfast to me and I was pleasantly suprised with the room it is quite large. We used the airconditioner to cool the room down. The reception was great as was the breakfast, great scrambled eggs.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank bevo25039
We here at the Country Inns & Suites appreciate and value your opinion.

We are glad we exceeded your expectations! We hope the you will conside us a safe and fun family based town. We look forward to any fture memories you and your loved ones will be making with us.

Hope to see you again soon and thank you for your business.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I had driven by this place on the way to the beach a few times before while staying at another hotel, this time I could not get a reservation at my usual hotel so booked here.A regular room is large, clean and comfortable Suites may be even more spacious,free breakfast is enjoyable, two blocks from the beach, easy parking. Quiet and well maintained place, will stay there again.

Room Tip: A regular room is quite large no need for a suite unless more than two people.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SewD
I would like to personally thank you on your honest opinion of our establishment.
I sometimes get stuck in routine because it feels like the safe bet, but once you take a risk worth taking, we discover the rewarding experience unlike no other.
That being said, thank you for taking that same risk and choosing our hotel.

I hope you felt delighted about your decision in staying with us. We hope that you will consider us your "Home away from Home" on your next visit to Oxnard.

Florida
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel every time I've been to Port Hueneme in the last 3 years, and I have recommended it to others. Although it showed a little wear and tear, I liked the friendly staff, the hot breakfast, and its close proximity to the base. However, this last time the aging rooms got to me. Port Hueneme was in the middle of a heat wave, and the air conditioner in my room did not work. I reported it 3 days in a row, but it wasn't fixed and to my knowledge, no one even looked at it. Working in my room at night, I was constantly wiping sweat from my face. Sleeping was difficult because of the heat, and it was hard to fix my hair in the morning because my head was sweating so badly. I know I should have asked to change rooms, but I kept thinking that they would fix it. The staff is still friendly, and the breakfast is still good, so if you don't mind things like a broken air conditioner, a tub that has trouble draining, a toilet that requires you to hold down the handle for 30 seconds to flush, and spotted and worn carpet, this may be the place for you. I'll be going somewhere newer next time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Ed M
Thank you for taking the time to write a very personal review about our establishment.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we would like to apologize about your prior stay with us. We do realize there a few things that need to be tuned up around our facility. In doing so, we thank you for your honesty and hope that you will reconsider our hotel. We are under slow renovations to better accomodate any future guests.

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night and were glad that it was only a brief stay. I should start off my review by saying that I am picky, but fair in my reviews. We chose this hotel after reading other reviews and we also needed a place that would accept pets, which this hotel does.

The check-in process was ridiculously slow. There were only two other guests in front of me but I waited 15 minutes before being checked in.

First the good points. The room was basic but roomy. It smelled nice when we entered the room. The location is great, near the water, and there are some restaurants right across the street. The bed was comfortable. The check-out process was much more efficient.

Some of the drawbacks were that the furniture looked a bit old and worn. The bathroom had poorly installed wallpaper that was peeling in some areas. The exhaust fan had a large amount of dust and dirt and looked like it had never been cleaned or had the filter changed. My biggest problem with the bathroom was the mold growing in a couple of areas near the ceiling. Also, as others have already noted, the Internet connection is slow, if you can get a connection at all. It was a bit hit and miss.

Maybe we had an older, less maintained room since we had our pet with us. If we were to return to this area perhaps we'd look at other options.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
silviaflaaten, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Hueneme, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

We are glad you enjoyed the water

Nichole Pinkard
Front Desk Manager
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson
805-271-2672
Southern California
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My family and about 5 other families have been coming here every memorial day weekend for over the last ten years. The hotel, while not the main reason we visit Port Hueneme year after year, has never given us problems and has always seemed to stay the same hotel it was the year before. The hotel is in a great location, being two blocks from the beach and a block away from a great park with a baseball field, tennis and basketball courts and a playground. Restaurants, golf and other locations can be found close by. The breakfast is always nice, as well as the happy hour with snacks and drinks. The front desk is always courteous and has never given us trouble when we overrun the hotel with our group. As another reviewer mentioned I noticed that their internet connection was very weak and trying to run netflix in the evening was pretty rough as the movie would stop every 10 minutes to buffer. Also while the pool is very nice, it does seem kind of small in comparison to the amount of people the hotel can accomodate. All in all, this hotel has always provided our group with what we needed, a home base close to many activities which allow us to enjoy our weekend.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank richdog003
silviaflaaten, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Hueneme, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
I would like to take this time out to personally thank you for submitting a guest survey about your stay here at the Country Inn & Suites in Port Hueneme. Im very happy that we could accomodate you and your family here at our hotel every year for Memorial Day weekend. I hope that we will continue to provide you and your loved ones with memorable service for the years to come.
General Manager of Country Inn & Suites Port Hueneme
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I booked a rate on Hotwire looking for a super-cheap quiet weekend getaway. The location is FANTASTIC....just 2 blocks to the beach! Free breakfast including a very popular fresh Belgian waffle maker.

The front desk staff seemed pretty nice.

The pool had been filled with teenagers the night before (we were ALL kids one day so don't roll your eyes!) and the maintenance staff worked quite diligently to get the water sparkling and clean.

I have 2 major complaints which would have earned this property a "poor" rating had I been traveling on a fully paid rate and not an Internet wholesaler discounted rate.

1- The free WiFi service is horrible. There is not enough bandwidth to accommodate all guests needs. I thought it was due to a high number of guests in the evening using Neftlix...when I couldn't even get a connection (server timeout). But during the day, the connection was inconsistent and slow. Had I experienced this issue on business travel, I would have needed to check out and change hotels.

2-My room, 318, was not serviced during my 2-night stay. There is a large burn on the carpet in the entry hall from an iron. There's duct-tape across the top of my a/c unit. These are OK for a cheap weekend getaway with an $80 Hotwire rate...but not for the $129 open rate for the night or the posted maximum of $154.

This is a nice place. It could be even better with some refreshing, and updating.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Sean H
silviaflaaten, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Hueneme, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to complete the review regarding your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns regarding the internet as of right now we are expanding our bandwidth. So your next trip out here we will have great wirless internet.

We appreciate the feedback. Hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

Nichole Pinkard
Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ventura Harbor
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Port Hueneme? Share your experiences!