“Dog Friendly in Pomona, CA”

and 1 more site!
Hilltop Suites Hotel
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Pomona
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stay here while in the area competing with my two dogs in agility. The Shilo Inn and Suites is pet friendly. I had read all the bad reviews but I must say my experience was great! The service was prompt and friendly, the room was clean and the bed was really comfortable which surprised me. Some of the best sleep I have ever gotten at a 2-3 star hotel chain!! Lots of places to walk the dog, but several rabbits make the area home so a tight leash is needed. The only downside is the parking is a bit strange...the property is built on a hillside, it is southern CA after all...and the parking lot has some strange angels to it and the spaces are more for compact cars. The site does have a parking garage but it was empty and bit spooky for me.

Room Tip: I stayed in 110 and it was exactly as the website shows.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravelingBCs

Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is one of the worst hotels I've stayed in. I've stayed in other Shilo Inns and they were very nice. This one is a dump. The exhaust fan cover in bathroom has never been cleaned. Full of dust. Fire hazard. Restaurant was closed. Maid service very poor. Minimal towels. 1 wash cloth for 2 people. Ice machines were not working. Very noisy. I will never stay here again. No breakfast since restaurant was closed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank traveler7056
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Shilo Inn has two properties across the street from each other, but are advertised as one in the same. The second property goes by "Shilo Inn Hotel-Pomona Diamond Bar." It is more of a motel than hotel. Not very clean, musty smell throughout, handles broken off the VERY small fridge, a small old TV with poor reception and a restaurant next door that I would stay away from. It appears to be more of a truck stop than anything else, as evidenced by the several semis parked in the back. if you are on a budget and just want a place to crash overnight, then its ok I guess, but other than that, I would pass.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Manaboutwn
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Shiloh Inn Hilltop Suites, with our dog, once before and were very pleased. It was easy to decide where to stay when we had a few days off. We couldn't have been more disappointed. The first time we stayed our room looked exactly like the photo on the website; not this time. The room we were given this time had not been updated since the early 90s. The coffee maker didn't work, the timer on the microwave didn't work, the curtain pull was broken, all of the TV channels were wavy and we could only watch a handful of them. My husband is a truck driver and we just wanted to get somewhere and stay put so we decided to tough it out. It got worse. NONE of the ice machines in the hotel were working. We had to call the front desk and wait 45 minutes for ice. Our room was next to the laundry room, perfect; except that the dryer didn't work and I had to take my wet clothes down to the first floor to dry them. The restaurant was closed. The elevator inspection was expired in December 2012 and it made some terrible noises. We mostly took the stairs. The room also hadn't been properly cleaned as there was a message written on the mirror above the beverage area wishing someone named Brian a happy birthday. The bedspread had stains all over it, as did the carpet. Oh, and our dog, who is three and has never had a flea on him, had two on him while we were there. I wanted to give him a bath right away, but maintenance turned off the water!! My husband called the front desk and they didn't even know it was off! We left one day to run errands, and my husband asked to have the room serviced while we were gone. We returned almost three hours later, and the room hadn't been cleaned. He called and they eventually sent someone up. I took the dog out so they could clean without listening to him fuss. They only emptied the trash cans that were not in cabinets, they didn't vacuum, they didn't leave any wash cloths with the towels, or any cups for the beverage area. Upon checkout, my husband was informed that they had misquoted the price and he had to pay additional unexpected fees. How can a place go from being a great hotel to the exact opposite within a year?!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2013

First time staying at Shilo Inn. Had a great time with my girl. Nice looking rooms. and great, friendly staff. The front desk agent, Cesar was phenomenal when there was a mix up with the reservation. Thanks Cesar.

Mssg to Whom it may Concern: FIX THE ICE MACHINES !!! We have stayed here twice in a month and they have never worked: on ANY floor.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My friend and I booked a room at the very last minute for the Graffiti run. We had a great time at the hotel. The continental breakfast was just enough and all that we needed to prepare for the Graffiti run.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Sandy N
Reviewed February 24, 2013

they say they have wireless high speed access internet but if you have any business or gaming pleasures that need to be fulfilled i would stay as far from this place. If i had to take a guess id say they have one modem/router set up in the main lobby and everyone in the hotel has to use that one connection. Horrible internet service. Other than taht everything was pretty good.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple