“Never again”

Hilltop Suites Hotel
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Pomona
Reviewed February 18, 2008

We traveled from Antelope Valley to Pomona for the weekend. After a three hour traffic commute, I wished that I had gone to vegas. We were given a room on the 2nd floor room 239. For the amount of money we were charged I have stayed in vegas for less with nicer rooms.

We were woke up about 8:00 a.m. saturday morning to the sound of a ditch digger just below our room. We decided to utilize our time away from the hotel being that it was extremely noisy. No use in visiting the resturant being that it is on the first floor even closer to the ditch digger. We opted to stay in our room being that we didn't think there would be any digging going on sunday morning boy were we wrong. Bright and early at 8:00 a.m. once again. We checked out at 10:00 a.m.

When I brought it to the attention of the clerk at the front desk her words were "umh" she proceeded to had me the bill for signature and an envelope. When I got to my car I discovered the envelope contained a coupon for 10% off my next visit. You have got to be kidding me.

We stayed at the extended stay in Pomona in the past when we have visited for different family functions in the neighborhood and will most likely stay there for our next family function in March.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed November 26, 2007

The Shilo Inn Hilltop Suites provided excellent accommodations, service and hospitality while we visited family in SoCal. The rooms were spacious and comfortable for me and my husband.
The hotel staff was excellent in providing us with travel directions, dinning suggestions in the area and even free shuttle services so we didn't have to drive around so much and get lost.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to all travelers who are visiting in this region and will certainly be staying with them in the future.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank CSierra34
Reviewed September 27, 2007

Attended the Los Angeles County Fair on the opening weekend for a l-night stay. This hotel is suites only and the price was reasonable for the one night. Traveling with a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children), we wanted to have a great day at fair and not worry about driving home late. This hotel was 5 minutes away, underground parking and the suite was spacious. We received a free buffet breakfast which was excellent. This hotel was much lower in price than the Sheration located on the Fair Grounds. Would stay again. We had a wonderful experience and it was right of the freeway; easy access.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank C8
Reviewed December 31, 2006

I've stayed at some pretty terrible Shilo Inns, so when our volleyball team selected this hotel, I was pleasantly surprised with the Hilltop. It looks as though it was built in the 70s and some of the items haven't been updated since. I.e., hairdryer, alarm clock, tv in the bathroom, etc. My room did have new carpeting, a nice down comforter, a refrigerator, microwave, and two sinks which made getting ready a breeze. The rooms are huge. I had a king room and it had three tvs. One in the sitting room, one by the bed, and a little one in the bathroom.

When I opened up my bedding to crawl in on the first night, there was hair on the sheets....not sure if they were washed or not, so I requested new sheets and they were sent up immediately. The blanket on the bed was pretty gross....still from the 70s it looked like, but I covered it in sheets and it was fine. The towels in the bathroom are softer and nicer than those at most higher end hotels.

There is a restaurant on site, but pretty expensive. Breakfast was complimentary and included eggs, bacon, danishes, and fresh fruit. The hotel has easy access to the freeways and even though it is right next to I-57, the noise did not bother me.

There is a Wendy's across the parking lot and a gas station nearby, but that is it. If you want to do anything else, you need a car. It is 1 1/2 miles to Cal Poly Pomona and walkable if needed.

Overall, for a Shilo, this hotel was decent. However, if I had my choice, I'd opt for a newer hotel like the Ayres (which I also stayed at for 2 nights) which is only 4-5 miles down the road.

• Stayed: December 2006
3  Thank SouthernIllinoisJane
Reviewed August 20, 2006

I stay at this hotel frequently. Was there 6-9th and 21-26 of July. Also was there 2nd week of June. It is a great homebase for, this summer, Legoland, Knotts, the beach, and an Angels game, as well as the Nordstrom half yearly sale at the mall a few miles away. They are remodeling the hotel and the beds, bedding, and furniture is new. The bed is VERY comfortable. Kitchen area sports the microsuede couch. Our room hadn't gotten painted yet, but they are painting, also, which I think gives the hotel a more European feel. The restaurant got redone, looks great. I felt that it's a very good value, and I find the staff to be very accomodating. I stayed there three times this summer and the second time, I was totally pre checked in, so that when I arrived at 1000 PM with sleeping children, I literally just had to get my key and sign one slip of paper-it took about 20 seconds. Very convenient and efficient. Also, upon check-out, my daughter had dropped a toy on the lobby couch, which we didn't realize until we got home. Called the hotel, spoke to manager and the cartridge was mailed back to my house. Again, a very responsive staff, dedicated to making sure things go smoothly. Am definately going to stay there again-

2  Thank imersway
A TripAdvisor Member
Bakersfield, Ca
Reviewed July 2, 2006

Excellent service from the friendly staff. Enjoyed my entire stay and will recommend to my family and friends.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 24, 2005

We (me, wife and adult daughter) stayed here for three nights in mid-Sept. The main purpose was to use this as a base to visit the LA County Fair.

The room was large and airy, but with a disappointing view on to the canopy roof at the main entrance (was this because we booked thru Hotels and got a good discount?). Good queen-size beds with spotless linen, thick fluffy towels in the big clean bathroom. The room had a sort of kitchenette counter with sink, microwave and a fridge below it. The maid insisted in putting two small (500cc) bottles of water in the fridge each day - but drink them at your financial peril - you'll be charged $1.50 a bottle at check-out.

The complimentary buffet breakfast in the main dining room was good, as were the views over the valley and highway interchange. For late evening arrivals when the restaurant is closed, there is a Wendys' conveniently located at the entrance to the property open till 1am. Several gas stations nearby compete to keep the prices low.

The hotel has a small outside pool, which looked okay, but we didn't use it.

The staff were 100% accomodating - even to the point of specially sending the mini-bus to pick us up from the LA County Fair at 10pm.

On the day we went to Universal Studios it took us about 1 hour to drive there, but over 2 to get back (traffic flow along I-10 and Hwy-101 can be very heavy and slow).

We had a very happy stay and would definately stay here again.

uncletony and family

• Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank uncletony
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pomona
La Quinta Inn & Suites Pomona
Ayres Suites Diamond Bar
#1 of 3 in Diamond Bar
Best Western Diamond Bar Hotel & Suites
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont

Been to Hilltop Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!