“Nice Room, Mediocre Staff, Iif you work and need Internet STAY AWAY..”

Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Pomona
Los Angeles/Orange County CA
“Nice Room, Mediocre Staff, Iif you work and need Internet STAY AWAY..”
Reviewed April 26, 2009

I purposely went after this hotel on Priceline with the best of expectations. The property has great tripadvisor reviews and I very must trust this site but it went WRONG...

I travel a lot for work/pleasure. I planned on being in the IE area and figured I would forgo the morning traffic and treat myself to a quiet night away from people I live with. The plan was to get some work done/watch a movie. The good first: The rooms are VERY nice Suites. Not huge but very comfy. I was very excited when I walked it..Classy and not Kitchy which I love. If I was going to the Fair for Fun it would be great since they have a very pretty park nearby. Parking is a Little Far if the lot is full but it was a very quiet/slow when I checked in this afternoon.

The BAD: NO INTERNET. What type of 3.5 star hotel has screwed up Internet in an obviously industrial business area. I was willing to pay the 10 bucks for Internet and 99.9% of the time I travel I can get a signal at most reputable hotels. The only other time was a Woodland hills Comfort Inn but they said it was the room placement. This Sheraton uses a wireless company EthosStream so basically if you have an issue you have to call them to get help. The Sheraton Staff is Incredibly flippant /clueless about it. You can tell they don't care like it is "EthosSteams" problem. The hotel does have a Link center but they only give you 2 min and 45 seconds a day free...What about people who ACTUALLY work from their computer? You can hear people checking their Mail in the Lobby as the Volume was super loud "You Got Mail" kept chiming as I checked out after the following fiasco

Ok so, being optimistic I called the EthosStream people after trying for 15 to get the compouter working.I tried all the TROUBLESHOOTING issues the leave in the room to "help". Then I was on the phone with EHTOS trying to figure out why I could connect to their system but their system couldn't connect me to the Internet. They BASICALLY said IT WAS NOT MY COMPUTER as they tried all these different things.

A guy, a wait, a supervisor...more stuff to try. I was trying to be positive. Finally after 40 minutes the tech support tells me...oh I can do this to unlock your computer so it can be used but I have to call the SHERATON to have them CHARGE you for the INTERNET...I said yes..He got me to Google. I was willing to stay but I was annoyed....40 minutes and still trying to charge me..tacky

5 minutes later NO website was working then Yahoo is taking 10 minutes to load. I called Ethos back, told them to cancel the $10 charge immediately. At that point I HAD to check out. I had work to do and had almost wasted an hour and a half . I couldn't lose more time hanging out at that hotel. I'd rather go give $40-$50 to get a Ontario Airport hotel that actually could cater to a business person...

When I checked out ( I had been there 2.5 hours) I explained why and just sorta got an oh well shrug from the ladies at the desk ..I wasn't looking for anything free but it would of been cool if they had compd my $5 tv show I watched.

If you have business work or a computer necessity dont go to this hotel. I know I was out my 70 bucks...and very dissapointed.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank pulgadelmundo
GilbertGM, John Gilbert, General Manager at Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 18, 2009
Dear pulgadelmundo,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this constructive and detailed feedback about your recent stay with us. However, I apologize in regards to the lack of internet service that you experienced.

At the Sheraton Fairplex, we strive to provide our guests with enjoyable and memorable experiences and I am disappointed that we did not meet your needs during your stay. Being a business oriented hotel, we understand that these guests often times are required to use the internet and we accommodate this need by using Ethostream for our internet services. With your comments, I assure you that we have constructed action plans with Ethostream and have properly trained our staff to solve issues such as these.

Again, thank you very much for your time and informing us of how we can improve. It is important that we use the feedback given to us by our guests as a tool to improve so that we can continue to exceed expectations.

John Gilbert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2009

We had a one night Priceline stay on March 2. We thought that his hotel was first rate. The rooms, being a suite hotel, were large and well appointed. The room was in very good condition and it was very clean. The hotel public areas were very well kept and very clean. Check in was first rate with no mention of Priceline. The staff was very helpful and very courteous. We liked the location-it was very quiet.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Dear allanc,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write these positive and courteous comments about your recent stay with us. I will be glad to share these great comments with the entire team at the Sheraton Fairplex.

At the Sheraton, we pride ourselves in providing our guests with enjoyable and memorable experiences. We also strive to provide our guests with wonderful hospitality and I am delighted that we were able to meet these standards during your stay.

Again, thank you for your time and kind words. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Los Angeles
Reviewed March 16, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here on a Friday and Saturday night. We're pretty proud of our decision! We were in Pomona for my cousin's wedding and chose this hotel due to it's proximity to the reception location (Mountain Meadows Golf Course). The hotel was less than 2 minutes down the road!

We had a King bed room that was so large. The pictures on the hotel's website were exactly how the room looked. We loved the size of the suite, the sliding doors that divided the sleeping room from the living room, a bar area with microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator, and sink, the vanity/sink area, and seperate toilet and shower room. We disliked the lack of light in the toilet room and it smelled slightly of mildew. We really couldn't get over the size of the room! The bed was extremely comfortable, the walls were thick and we couldn't hear a thing, also the couch and chair were comfortable and the sofa also turned into a fold out bed!

The price was awesome- 118 (with tax), we used our AAA card, and booked it through the hotel's reservation line. The surrounding hotels are in not-so-nice areas and are motels. We couldn't be happier with this hotel. Should we ever need to stay in this area again, we will stay at the Sheraton!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
GilbertGM, John Gilbert, General Manager at Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 14, 2009
Dear srfangel33,

Thank you very much for your positive and detailed feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate that you took the time to provide these courteous and constructive comments.

At the Sheraton Fairplex, we strive to provide our guests with enjoyable and memorable experiences and I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations. In regards to the lighting and smell, we have immediately implemented actions plans to improve these issues.

Again, thank you for your time and kind remarks. We hope to see you again in the near future.

los angeles
Reviewed March 6, 2009

I'm a professional and enjoy my room stay at the Sheraton Suites Fairplex. The staff extremely professonal and courteous.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Dear regghie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write these positive comments about your recent stay with us. At the Sheraton Fairplex, we strive to provide our guests with warm and comforting hospitality and I am pleased that we met your needs during your stay. Again, thank you for your time and your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Camp Nelson, California
Reviewed March 1, 2009

62 years old. Stayed in many a hotel over the years. This place ROCKS! Beautifal room, friendly staff, great ameneties. We had reservations for Friday and Saturday nights, but had to cancel Friday due to to a work problem. Arrived at 11:00 AM Saturday and asked the desk clerk when we could check in. What a pleasant surprise when she checked us in right then and there. I didn't expect that. The room was VERY clean, Nice furnishings, 2 large TVs. And the bed....WOW. Best hotel bed I have ever slept in. If you need a hotel anywhere in this area, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Watermaster,

Thank you very much for your positive comments about you recent stay with us. I will enthusiastically share your kind words with the entire Sheraton Fairplex team.

At the Sheraton, we pride ourselves in providing our guests with enjoyable and memorable experiences. In regards to your stay in particular, although our check-in time is at 3pm, we always make a great effort to check guests in early when requested. I am pleased that we were able to assist you in this manner and that we exceeded your expectations.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide this feedback. We look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us.

NYC
Reviewed February 22, 2009

I highly, highly recommend this hotel. Everything was top-notch -- the room, the staff, the ambiance. The restaurant was outstanding -- and very reasonably priced. A very family-friendly option.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Dear ks0,

On behalf of the Sheraton Fairplex, I would like to personally thank you for the positive and courteous comments you wrote about your previous stay. At the Sheraton, we pride ourselves in providing our guests with warm and comfortable hospitality and I am delighted that you experienced this during your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Riverview, Florida
Reviewed January 19, 2009

Great rooms very comfortable and I enjoy staying here. It is a good location and they have a nice restaurant. The only downside is the small pool. Would recoomend this location very highly especially for the price.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear Stevied888,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide these positive remarks about your stay with us. At the Sheraton Fairplex, we pride ourselves in our warm hospitality and comforatble atmosphere and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. In regards to the the pool, I apologize if the size of our pool did not meet your needs but for a property of our size, our pool does meet necessary Starwood measurement requirements. Again, thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our hotel and we hope to see you again soon.

John Gilbert
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pomona
Comfort Inn Pomona
Holiday Inn Express San Dimas
Hotel Casa 425
Hotel Casa 425
#2 of 5 in Claremont

Been to Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!