“Christmas party”
Review of Coco Palm

Coco Palm
Reserve with OpenTable
Coco Palm is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 245 Restaurants in Pomona
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Interstate 10 freeway
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

The company that I work for had our Christmas party there. We were giving a buffet lunch that was delicious. This was my second time there. Overall the restaurant was clean and it has a beautiful view. The staff was friendly and polite. They charge $6 for parking. That's the only complaint that I have.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed May 22, 2018

With Alfredo as our server, we had a great experience. The food was tasty and well prepared. The views are awesome and everyone working there was friendly. A bit on the pricey side, it is a nice break from corporate owned chains and their mediocre fare.

There was a wedding reception outdoors which added to the ambiance.

Drinks from the bar are good, and there's plenty of parking. Well worth the trip.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Nice enjoyed the space.great view.
Will return back. Food was ok more drink variety needed.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed April 3, 2018

I was in Diamond Bar for work and a couple of friends who live in the San Gabriel Valley met up with me for a boozy brunch at Coco Palm on Sunday.

We didn't have reservations but arrived at 10am when they opened and were seated immediately. That was a good call because about 45 minutes later there was a wait out the door.

There are several different rooms with several different events going on so this is a pretty popular place. We were seated in a ballroom which seems to be the dance floor at night.

The buffet was set up along the corridor and moved quickly even with people lined up. It started with salad and fruit, then cold seafood including snow crab legs, chilled large shell-on shrimp, ceviche, bread and croissants and then hot breakfast food including scrambled eggs, sausage, crispy bacon, hashbrowns, pancakes, etc. Next up was the carving station with roast beef, an egg station and the pièce de résistance - the paella station. Displayed in a giant pan with sausage, chicken, and tons of shellfish, it was impressive.

On the other side of the buffet line were the hot items including braised oxtails, plantains, rice, beans, pork, bbq ribs and a lot more. It was a very well varied buffet with a well executed Latin/Cuban twist. The only let down on the food were the desserts. The paella was incredible and my friends who had the roast beef found it really tender and tasty. Overall, for a buffet, I was impressed with the quality.

Service was fairly attentive and kept our champagne and mimosas consistently filled. With tax and tip it came to about $45/person which I thought was pretty reasonable for the selection and bottomless brunch.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 18, 2018

My wife and I began planning our wedding about two and a half months out, so you could imagine the stress we were putting ourselves under. Along with the short timeframe, living in Sacramento didn’t make The Coco Palm a local venue. With that said, working with RaeAnna and Tony could not have been a more hassle-free experience. Communication was amazing, I never had to send an email twice or leave more than one message. RaeAnna answered every question with confidence and clarity and truly made me feel like this was not their first rodeo, which it wasn’t!
On the day of our wedding, The Coco Palm was more than accommodating and helpful. We did most of our own decorating, and they ensured we would have enough time to get everything done. Their staff were some of the most attentive we have ever experienced. I say this not because it was our night, but the guests also had nothing but great things to say. Same goes for the food! Most weddings, I feel like you go to them expecting the food to be mediocre, not here. The food was exactly what I was presented during my tasting.
I could truly say that everyone at The Coco Palm made us feel like we were part of their family and they had our best interests in mind. I highly recommend The Coco Palm for your next event, and cannot thank RaeAnna and Tony enough for everything they did!

Date of visit: February 2018