“Best Fried Chicken Ever”

Donahoo's Golden Chicken
Ranked #2 of 204 Restaurants in Pomona
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Best Fried Chicken Ever”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Whenever we travel to Pomona, CA, we make sure we stop at Donahoo's for their chicken. It is by far the best chicken take-out, we have ever had. In fact, we shared some with the set-up crew of Pencils & Pixels at the LA County Fair in Pomona this year and they were pleasantly surprised! We have been visiting Donahoo's for 5 years! Never disappointed, and look forward to our next visit.

• Visited August 2013

Walnut, California, United States
“They has a new location now. Call Chicken N Roll. At La puente area.”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Chicken N Roll. New location of Donahoos golden fried chicken. I like the chicken tender strips , and their dinner roll are really goo too.

• Visited May 2013
California
“ugh”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Seriously!

We were close by the area and this place have an overall 4 stars rating from Yelp, so why not, right? Wrong!

First off, we might have missed it but this is only for TAKE OUTS. No place to eat here, no tables and etc.; 2 chairs for waiting area. Hence, we did consider leaving or moving to another restaurant, esp. after seeing the questionable area this restaurant is located at. However, I decided to try their chicken since yelp reviewers were mostly raving about their chicken. So despite us wanting to eat together in a restaurant, we decided to just order and go home.

We ordered family pack fried chicken with rolls and Mac and cheese, chicken strips and fries. As we waited, the smell of fried chicken was very strong and enticing. I was really excited to get home so I can savor it. Alas, I was sorely disappointed. Not only did they forget my pint order of Mac & cheese, their chicken was nothing special. Their batter did not taste savory at all. Pretty bland! What the heck?! What's the entire rave about? All the 5 stars! Tsk tsk. The fries were also bland.

I would have rated this place a 3 stars overall (the chicken was a-ok, maybe I just had high expectations due to the raves here in yelp). I took one star out for forgetting my Mac & cheese. Even if I call them and complain, it will not matter as I will not drive 20-25mins away just to order out there again, not even if they give me 2 pints of Mac & cheese for free!

Granted, the 2 ladies and the guy seem pretty friendly. But their kitchen floor was dirty! And they were also out of chicken livers!

Overall, a one-time visit for me.

• Visited June 2013
Eugene, Oregon
“I wanted to like this place...”
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

...the chicken was just overcooked. I ordered a half chicken and every piece was way too overcooked. The thigh shockingly was really rough. The people that work there were very friendly. I would maybe give them another chance because of that.

Pomona, California
“Pomona Classic”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Must pick up a box of filet dinner with the cole slaw!!! I don't even know what else is on the menu because the food center of my brain says stick with what you know is good... 20 years later still ordering it just the same... bring your own napkins and condiments, kinda tight on those and the service rarely cracks a smile, but everyone in Pomona has eaten here and keeps coming back for the chicken filets and steak fries. Quick, Hot service and don't share the biscuit because it is butterliciously good.

• Visited December 2012