“Business Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Pomona
Indiana
“Business Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

While providing consultation work at Cal Poly I was booked at the Kellogg West Conference Center. I was very pleased with my time there. While the lodging rooms are dated and in need of some investment, the rooms were clean and comfortable, including the patio and balconies. A nice workout room and pool accompanied the property. I should mention the wonderful views of the rolling hills and the mountains. The conference center was well appointed with all amenities a meeting planner will need to exceed customer expectations. Nice pre-function space and courtyards for unique spaces. Meeting rooms have an updated look and feel with state of the art technology. Wonderful asset for Cal Poly and the local area and is no more than 5-10 minutes from the interstate.

Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank boilersarebest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I am currently staying at this hotel and I have to say, I've never stayed in a more unprofessional hotel in my life. The way the hotel is set up is that there is a courtyard in the middle of all the rooms facing in. Voices travel up, people out there being loud with no care about the time of night. Business Travelers be careful before you book this hotel. I am definitely going to tell my company that this was the wrong choice and I will personally never use this conference center for another business meeting again that involves overnight travel.

Room Tip: Choose the highest floor possible and if they have any rooms away from the courtyard.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Pomona hotels

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed here five nights for a business session held here at the conference center. Room was neat and clean. TV reception was fuzzy on a couple of channels, but they were repairing a main cable line on campus. Small fridge is also in the room. Looked like nice pool area, but did not use. Ask for an end unit as you have a great view of the mountains in the distance. They also have a fitness room that I did not use either. Buffet breakfast daily was also included. They also have Free wifi in the rooms and conference area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view of the mountains in the distance.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We came for a wedding going on here. Our room was not the best. Very old and bad lighting. There is a balcony but it is connected to 2 rooms. So when I went to open the curtains there were people I didn't know standing right in I front of my room. Down at their main building was where the rehearsal dinner was which was very charming and the food was great! The actual wedding was up at the old Mansion and it was gorgeous! Only bad thing is its right by the freeway. Besides the room it was great!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I recently went to Cal Poly Pomona to watch a couple of men's soccer games. We have family members on the team. I decided to stay on campus at the Kellogg West Conference Center Hotel to be close to the action.
When I checked into my room, I was slightly disappointed with the lack of cleanliness. The vents were very dirty and the bathroom floor had some dirt swept or mopped into the corners. The rest of the bathroom looked very clean. The bedding had seen better days. Still, the beds were adequate and allowed me to get rest at night. I had trouble keeping the room at the right temperature all night. I would set the thermostat and the fan would be on for a couple of hours and then go off. There wasn't enough light near the thermostat for me to read the directions and fix it. Also, the bedside table lights didn't work. Taking the burned out wall outlet extender out and plugging the lamps directly into the outlet fixed the problem.
I arrived late and didn't spend much time my first night in the room. The next AM, I asked the desk staff where the included breakfast was served. It was in the main building and not in the restaurant. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. There were eggs, bacon and sausage, fried potatoes, a huge assortment of mixed fruit as well as cereals, toast, juices and coffee. Very tasty and the student running the breakfast was very friendly.
The view from the dining area was beautiful. Later, I went out to the pool & hot tub area next to the fitness center and enjoyed the view from there also. The Kellogg Center is set high on a hill affording very wide sweeping views of the canyons and hills.
This hotel has some distinct advantages for Cal Poly visitors and the view is awesome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank nkwins
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

great room. Free wifi in room and all over resort. Great breakfast in the morning. Lovely green wooded area. Horses, sheet, cows on the campus of Cal Poly. I would stay here again. Nothing to complain about.

When booking the room online, I picked the wrong dates. I called Kellogg immediately. They changed my booking to the right date immediately. And as they said, they don't charge for the booking until the day. Great place

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed there at the Kellogg West Center and Hotel while there on business. The customer service was exemplary with the front desk personnel always responding to my questions and directing me to various locations on campus. Upon my departure, I utilized the free shuttle to Ontario Airport. I had the last shuttle to the airport at 9:00 p. m.. The room was very clean and convenient to where I was working on campus. The breakfast buffet was delicious and the servers were excellent! The view of the room was beautiful with the mountains in the distance! I would definitely choose to stay here again should I go there on business. Thank you, Kellogg West Conference Center/Hotel!!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 200 side in the building next to the conference center. Also, try to plan your plane...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pomona
La Quinta Inn & Suites Pomona - Cal Poly
Hilltop Suites Hotel
#10 of 13 in Pomona
3.0 of 5 stars 93 reviews
BEST WESTERN San Dimas Hotel & Suites

Been to Kellogg West Conference Center & Hotel? Share your experiences!