Kellogg West Conference Center & Hotel
$195
$179
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We came for a wedding going on here. Our room was not the best. Very old and bad lighting. There is a balcony but it is connected to 2 rooms. So when I went to open the curtains there were people I didn't know standing right in I front of my room. Down at their main building was where the rehearsal dinner was which was very charming and the food was great! The actual wedding was up at the old Mansion and it was gorgeous! Only bad thing is its right by the freeway. Besides the room it was great!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I recently went to Cal Poly Pomona to watch a couple of men's soccer games. We have family members on the team. I decided to stay on campus at the Kellogg West Conference Center Hotel to be close to the action.
When I checked into my room, I was slightly disappointed with the lack of cleanliness. The vents were very dirty and the bathroom floor had some dirt swept or mopped into the corners. The rest of the bathroom looked very clean. The bedding had seen better days. Still, the beds were adequate and allowed me to get rest at night. I had trouble keeping the room at the right temperature all night. I would set the thermostat and the fan would be on for a couple of hours and then go off. There wasn't enough light near the thermostat for me to read the directions and fix it. Also, the bedside table lights didn't work. Taking the burned out wall outlet extender out and plugging the lamps directly into the outlet fixed the problem.
I arrived late and didn't spend much time my first night in the room. The next AM, I asked the desk staff where the included breakfast was served. It was in the main building and not in the restaurant. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. There were eggs, bacon and sausage, fried potatoes, a huge assortment of mixed fruit as well as cereals, toast, juices and coffee. Very tasty and the student running the breakfast was very friendly.
The view from the dining area was beautiful. Later, I went out to the pool & hot tub area next to the fitness center and enjoyed the view from there also. The Kellogg Center is set high on a hill affording very wide sweeping views of the canyons and hills.
This hotel has some distinct advantages for Cal Poly visitors and the view is awesome.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank nkwins
Reviewed April 8, 2013

great room. Free wifi in room and all over resort. Great breakfast in the morning. Lovely green wooded area. Horses, sheet, cows on the campus of Cal Poly. I would stay here again. Nothing to complain about.

When booking the room online, I picked the wrong dates. I called Kellogg immediately. They changed my booking to the right date immediately. And as they said, they don't charge for the booking until the day. Great place

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed there at the Kellogg West Center and Hotel while there on business. The customer service was exemplary with the front desk personnel always responding to my questions and directing me to various locations on campus. Upon my departure, I utilized the free shuttle to Ontario Airport. I had the last shuttle to the airport at 9:00 p. m.. The room was very clean and convenient to where I was working on campus. The breakfast buffet was delicious and the servers were excellent! The view of the room was beautiful with the mountains in the distance! I would definitely choose to stay here again should I go there on business. Thank you, Kellogg West Conference Center/Hotel!!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 200 side in the building next to the conference center. Also, try to plan your plane reservations so that you can take advantage of the free shuttle to Ontario Airport. Check the pick up and departure times for the free shuttle to the airport.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here during the week as my usual hotels were booked. It feels like a cross between a high end dorm and a vacation cabin. Basic but comfortable.

It took me about 20 minutes of driving around campus to find the entrance as it was dark and my GPS only took me to the school main entrance ... so if you have a Garmin you may need to get more help from Google maps upon arrival as the signs at night are difficult to read.

The check in is separate from the hotel building so you need to pull up, check in and then drive and park.

I received a room overlooking the pool and it was nice with a heavy curtain for privacy. The bed is memory foam a bit awkward but I had a good sleep. There is some notable outside noise due but the room was cozy and quiet at night. The bathroom is not very roomy but very clean. Soap products are wrapped in paper and appear organic.

Staff was always friendly and available. I'm a Diamond Hilton member and need to compliment them on the level of service; compared to other hotels I found it above average.

I know other reviewers were impressed with breakfast but I found it in line with any other reasonably priced hotel. Pretty much close to what you get at a Hampton Inn property with a more relaxed setting.

Overall would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012