“Good little spot”

Best Western Stagecoach Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pollock Pines
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our family got a room here last minute on Labor Day weekend. It was very clean & comfortable with up to date amenities (tv, fridge & microwave). We have 2 small children & a golden retriever & they accommodated all of us. Free hot breakfast as well & free Internet.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights for a family function in town. We were greeted pleasantly at the check-in desk and felt welcome. The room was large with no frills. We wish there had been a microwave, but managed without. The bathrom was okay, but there was one drawback. The toilet is the size of a teacup. Because of the door placement; the toilet had to be a mini size. Not comfotable at all. The grounds and location are fine and we will most likely stay there again. Maybe next time we will bring a microwave of our own and make arrangements to use the bathroom at my niece's house.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed just one night as I was doing a trail run nearby. The staff were extremely accommodating, letting us have cereal at 6 am(the breakfast doesn't normally start until 630). The also allowed us a late checkout so we could shower after the race! The room was clean, modern and just what I expected.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paul K
Gilbert C, Manager at Best Western Stagecoach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Thank you for your time to review regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve. You are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. Thank you again for your good review.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

WOW, I own a rental property that was being renovated in Pollock Pines and this was the only chain hotel in town. I stay on the road about 100 nights a year and have been BW elite rewards for yrs and this was possibly really the worst best western I have ever stayed at and next time I am going to stay at the one in placerville 15 miles away because it would be worth it! The woman that runs it was rude and lied about the suites not being available so she did not have to honor BW policy of upgrading elite rewards members, then you walk in to the room and the backdoor is wide open, she said that is their policy. The internet in the room did not work at all, when I let her know she argued with me that it did work and when I proved to her it didnt work she starred with a blank look with no solution. I had the idea to plug in a hard line and she said they could do that but I had to come get it as she would not bring it to the room. I said I'd prefer they hook it up to be sure it was done right and she said her husband could do that later when he got there. He arrived and brought it a few hrs later and he was a polite person but that still did not make the internet work. At that point it was so late I just decided to go to sleep. All in all the place charges you the rate of a decent hotel when it is simply not functional and is more like a trailer hotel that needs to be around $50 per night to have it make any sense at all.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank NapaHomeInvestor
Gilbert C, Manager at Best Western Stagecoach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank your for the comments of your recent stay at our property, and appreciate of your loyal membership of Best Western. I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations of our service and internet. The feedbacks you gave us to implements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My twins and I were visiting relatives in the area and needed a place to stay with a pool (my kids love to swim). The place is very scenic, the rooms were large, clean and comfortable. The room had a large, flatscreen TV. We were in room 104 which had 2 doubles which was perfect for my 10-year-olds and me. We did not hear or notice any highway traffic. The pool was smallish, but clean, and no one else was swimming except my kids so they loved it! The room had a refrigerator, microwave, sink (a little kitchenette), a table. It was perfect for us. We paid $89.00. We would have stayed another night if there were rooms available and we will definitely stay here again when visiting our relatives.

Room Tip: Room 104 was quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank llneeners
Gilbert C, Manager at Best Western Stagecoach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review of satisfaction with our accommodation during your recent stay. We appreciate for your business and good comments. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This place is in a beautiful area with lots of trees but close to the road. In fact, it is between the main street of town and the highway. You can hear the highway noise at night; mostly the big trucks. I think there could be suitable rooms at this hotel but ours was near the ice machine and I could hear it all night. In addition, the room has no air conditioner. We had to leave the sliding door open that goes to a small deck at the back of the room to keep the room comfortable at night. Needless to say, the screen did not fit the door properly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the office.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Gilbert C, Manager at Best Western Stagecoach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

We really appreciate for your time to review and comment of your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. All our guests rooms are equipped with the central heat and air systems. If you had any issues with your room, you had to notify the front desk to make you more comfortable.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. Wish the breakfast would have been longer than 9:30 and the staff didn't rush to remove it while guests were still eating. Great golf course close by so we will probably stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank your for your comments and review regarding your recent stay at Best Western Stagecoach inn. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pollock Pines
#4 of 5 in Placerville
Westhaven Inn
Westhaven Inn
#2 of 2 in Pollock Pines

Been to Best Western Stagecoach Inn? Share your experiences!