“Great place to get a good beef or sea food dinner.”

Fifty Grand Steakhouse
Ranked #14 of 18 Restaurants in Pollock Pines
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Carson City, Nevada
“Great place to get a good beef or sea food dinner.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I read all the reviews before we went there, so my expectations weren't real high. I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, the decor is dated. But at least it was clean and well maintained. The service was on the spot. The food was very good. I had a huge prime rib that was cooked exactly the way I ordered. My wife said her salmon was very good. Also, I felt the prices were very reasonable. I would definitly recommend.

• Visited July 2013

Greater London, United Kingdom
“Here ate one vegetarian..”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Yes, it's true. But my partner wanted to eat a steak, and so a steakhouse it was. He said it wasn't the best steak he'd eaten, but I wasn't interested as I had buried myself in mashed potatoes which were very tasty.
They kindly sorted me out with a plate full of veg, and the veg was good. The waitress looked after us.
The place is dated as everyone politely bothers to point out in every review I have read, to me it has character. As a tourist in the vicinity, it was an interesting experience, and not a bad one.

Visited March 2013
California
“Slightly disappointed....”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Based on the recommendation of the Mgr. at the Best Western, I was really looking forward to a top tier steak house.....and so, I was slightly disapointed.

The atmosphere was great....the round wood burning fireplace in the middle of the room helps that. The staff was friendly enough. The building appeared to be from the 50s and reminded me of some of the places we stopped when I was a kid in the 50s. Fond memories....

We both had the special.....Bluecheese steak. It was good but not great....not what we were expecting. The salad, while not much more than lettuce and some cabbage thrown in for a little color, was fresh. The bluechees salad dressing was great! Although they piled way to much on....every bite was swimming in salad dressing.

As long as you go in with average expectations for a steak house, you'll be fine. It was a bit pricey for what we got.

• Visited March 2013
San Jose, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great, Comfortable Place”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I've been going to the 50 Grand for nearly 20 years. We come to the area for wine tasting, fishing and golf, and look forward to the 50 Grand on each trip. The people there are friendly, the service fantastic, and the food is excellent. The only thing that keeps it from 5 stars is the wine list. I wish they featured some of the great wines of Camino and Fairplay. Marty Redman San Jose

• Visited August 2012
Merida
“Step Back in Time”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We went to this restaurant for a family dinner... when I stepped in the door, I felt as if I had gone back to the Fifties! This very spacious restaurant looks like it may not have changed much since then... I half expected to see a cigarette vending machine in the corner by the bar. There's a separate bar room, and a few dining rooms. We had prime rib, which was okay but not dropdead delicious. The salad was nothing special. The place was clean and the portions were healthy... no one complained. I would go there again but my mouth wouldn't be watering thinking about it.

• Visited September 2012