“Here ate one vegetarian..”

Fifty Grand Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Yes, it's true. But my partner wanted to eat a steak, and so a steakhouse it was. He said it wasn't the best steak he'd eaten, but I wasn't interested as I had buried myself in mashed potatoes which were very tasty.
They kindly sorted me out with a plate full of veg, and the veg was good. The waitress looked after us.
The place is dated as everyone politely bothers to point out in every review I have read, to me it has character. As a tourist in the vicinity, it was an interesting experience, and not a bad one.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Based on the recommendation of the Mgr. at the Best Western, I was really looking forward to a top tier steak house.....and so, I was slightly disapointed.

The atmosphere was great....the round wood burning fireplace in the middle of the room helps that. The staff was friendly enough. The building appeared to be from the 50s and reminded me of some of the places we stopped when I was a kid in the 50s. Fond memories....

We both had the special.....Bluecheese steak. It was good but not great....not what we were expecting. The salad, while not much more than lettuce and some cabbage thrown in for a little color, was fresh. The bluechees salad dressing was great! Although they piled way to much on....every bite was swimming in salad dressing.

As long as you go in with average expectations for a steak house, you'll be fine. It was a bit pricey for what we got.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I've been going to the 50 Grand for nearly 20 years. We come to the area for wine tasting, fishing and golf, and look forward to the 50 Grand on each trip. The people there are friendly, the service fantastic, and the food is excellent. The only thing that keeps it from 5 stars is the wine list. I wish they featured some of the great wines of Camino and Fairplay. Marty Redman San Jose

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We went to this restaurant for a family dinner... when I stepped in the door, I felt as if I had gone back to the Fifties! This very spacious restaurant looks like it may not have changed much since then... I half expected to see a cigarette vending machine in the corner by the bar. There's a separate bar room, and a few dining rooms. We had prime rib, which was okay but not dropdead delicious. The salad was nothing special. The place was clean and the portions were healthy... no one complained. I would go there again but my mouth wouldn't be watering thinking about it.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

A standard 1970's style place with great drinks and pretty good steaks.