“Lovely Weekend”
Review of Lingonberry Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Point Reyes Station
Lingonberry Farm
Reviewed February 1, 2009

My husband and I spent a lovely weekend at Lingonberry Farms in January. This is just what we wanted in a B&B. Our room was beautifully Swedish--sparkling and colorful with a view of the hills. We saw deer from our window. The proprieters were very friendly and helpful, but not intrusive. Breakfast was served in a cozy sitting room. Susan made us Swedish eggs one morning and Swedish pancakes the next. Yummy fruit, juice, muffins, etc. One thing, bring slippers, because they prefer you take your shoes off. A small price to pay for such a lovely guest accommodation.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank VacaTraveler123

Reviewed November 13, 2008

This place makes you feel like you're staying at grandmother's house tucked away in the countryside... and I mean this in a good way. :)

Over a year and a half ago I stayed at this bed and breakfast in Pt. Reyes Station, which is just outside of the Pt. Reyes National Shore. I was looking for a nice little place to stay for a weekend excursion and stumbled upon this place with a little internet research. For the prices, the friendly service and the beautiful setting, you must stay here if you're planning on exploring the area.

When I stayed here, me and my boyfriend were the only customers for the weekend so we had plenty of privacy and serene quietness that anyone can appreciate. The owners of the b&b are Swedish. Their pride for their heritage shows through on their property and I loved it! I booked the Dalarna room which was very cozy and roomy. Since we were the only people, they let us tour and peak at all of the other rooms at the b&b; they all looked wonderful as well.

When I reserved the room, they made sure to accommodate to my vegetarian diet. The breakfast that they served (which featured Swedish dishes) was excellent and delicious. They had lingonberry jam and herring. The owners were so nice and helped us with all questions we had. They also let us use their internet to help look for the tide charts for the day. I believe that they have alpacas on their property which is pretty quirky.

Next time I plan on spending extended time in the area, I plan on coming here again. If you've never been to the Pt. Reyes National Shoreline and you like to hike, I suggest going on the Coast Trail to Alamere Falls. You won't regret it... it's probably my favorite trail in California.

Reviewed July 23, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in July and we loved it. The Swedish style of our room and the breakfast area was simple and warm. Our room was beautifully decorated - warm colors, lovely pictures- and was spacious and airy. The bed was comfortable, the breakfasts were delicious, and we very much enjoyed our hosts' company.

This area of Marin County is just fabulous. We drove around with the windows down just to smell how wonderful the air is! There are many walking trails, beautiful bay and ocean views, and fabulous oysters. I hope that we get the opportunity to visit the area and stay at Lingonberry Farm again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2008

My husband and I along with another couple spent 5 days at the Lingonberry Farm. Our stay there was a wonderful treat for many reasons. First, the rooms with hardwood floors and private bathrooms are so very spacious and clean. The beds are wonderfully comfortable with down comforters that travelers can melt into after a long day of exploring the Point Reyes area.

The breakfasts, which were prepared every morning by Susan and John, were delicious Scandinavian dishes. Each day we were treated to a new main dish, such as Swedish eggs, which were smooth like custard, Lingonberry filled French Toast that melted in your mouth, and Swedish pancakes, thin crepe-like pancakes that you could drown in real maple syrup. These well-prepared breakfasts were a culinary delight, they were fresh, very healthy, and a wonderful way to start a vacation day.

At Lingonberry Farm, color surrounds you. The colors of the rooms in the B&B are those typically of Sweden, bright and warm. The hardwood floors and the fireplace in the breakfast room provided a very homey atmosphere, and the gardens surrounding the house are an extension of the inside space and often we were entertained by the blue birds flying from their bird houses to the birdbath on the patio right outside of the breakfast room. Color is carried on into the variety of perennials that Susan has in her gardens which surround the Bed and Breakfast. You can tell that Susan takes gardening seriously and that she is a master gardener.

Lingonberry Farm is perfectly located for exploring the Marin County area. In the morning, we went for walks until breakfast was served. During these walks we saw a variety of birds including a canary, a hummingbird and four huge turkey vultures sunning themselves on the telephone poles. It is our understanding that this area is where many people come to watch birds. Lingonberry Farm is a short drive to places like the Tamales Park, Stinson beach, Drakes Bay, the Point Reyes lighthouse and the Muir Woods. We also were delighted to find a variety of restaurants in the area and found that the Pine Cone Inn with its atmosphere and delicious food was perfect place after a day of adventure.

Lingonberry Farm is the perfect place to stay because of the hospitality provided by Susan and John. My husband and I have stayed at many Bed and Breakfast places during the past 20 years and if we were to rate the Lingonberry Farm, it would be at the top of our list. It is certainly a preferred place to stay in the Marin County area.

Find out for yourselves, stay at the Lingonberry Farm Bed and Breakfast. It will be your best decision for a fantastic vacation.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank SavvyTraveler08
Reviewed August 11, 2007

This inn was a great escape from hectic Bay Area life! The feather beds were so comfortable, the area was quiet and peaceful, and the swedish pancakes were to die for. The location is close enough to walk to either town or the bay, and the kayaking on the bay should not be missed! The innkeepers were friendly and helpful yet very respectful of our privacy. I will definitely return again...

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2007

One of the best kept secrets in Marin County is the Lingonberry Farm Bed and Breakfast. If you are planning to visit the picturesque Point Reyes National Seashore area (less than an hour’s drive north of the Golden Gate Bridge), you absolutely must consider adding a touch of Sweden to your experience.

The four year old farm was inspired by the Nelson’s Swedish heritage and their extensive travels throughout Sweden over the years. The home’s décor, which is an attractive blend of old and new Swedish furnishings, makes you feel as though you are a guest in an actual Swedish home.

The Bed & Breakfast offers three uniquely decorated rooms… showcasing their regional and cultural distinctions. Some rooms feature breathtaking views of the rolling hills, pastureland and Tomales Bay. We always enjoyed arriving back to our cozy room at the end of a day of hiking and wine tasting (we chose the Skane room which was complete with balcony and sunset views over the Inverness ridge).

Susan and John’s welcoming nature always made us feel right at home. Incidentally, they can be as engaging as their guests would like.

We highly recommend adding the Lingonberry Farm to your short list of Swedish-inspired places to visit in and around the San Francisco area. You’ll truly enjoy the experience. The hot Swedish-American breakfasts (slightly different menu each morning) were truly a step up from the breakfasts you normally have at B & B’s.

Lingonberry Farm…a great value, a great experience, a great memory.

1  Thank BayAreaEntrepreneurs
Reviewed April 7, 2007

This is a very spartan inn . The room we stayed in looked out over the parking lot which was not expected by the pictures on the website. The room was extremely plain and austere. The owners tried to cook a good breakfast however her cooking skills needed some improvement. I have liked other inns in Point Reyes better

3  Thank abby7
#1 of 1 in Point Reyes National Seashore
Nick's Cove Cottages
Nick's Cove Cottages
#1 of 2 in Marshall

Been to Lingonberry Farm? Share your experiences!