“great breakfast”
Review of Lingonberry Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Point Reyes Station
Lingonberry Farm
northern california
“great breakfast”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

A very clean, well decorated place, quality furnishings, lovely pictures and books of Sweden . The bulbs were blooming and the sheep friendly. The surprise was the fantastic breakfasts of custardy eggs, cardamon muffins, chicken sausage, Swedish pancakes, baked apples and cream, cheese and sliced veggies and yes-lingonberry jam- delicious.Even tho it was a cold weekend, the room was warm and the dining area had a nice fireplace going.We had the place to ourselves to play cards and games. The only drawback for me was the bed was too soft for my finicky back and the shower didn't spray, just trickle.Would have liked to have a couch in the public room, the chairs a bit stiff after awhile.Right down the road is a trailhead to the Tomales Bay.
Thanks to our host for the plant cuttings out of her yard !!

Room Tip: I liked our room, the closest one to the front door, good morning light, the Olanda room I think.The...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 2012jane

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Skane room over President's Day weekend 2012. The room itself is light and airy. The bed is the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in, with such soft sheets. Amazing, really. We saw an amazing sunrise every morning. We could hear the sheep outside softly bleating. Flowers bloomiing everywhere.

The breakfast every morning was delicious and filling, without ever being too heavy. Good enough to stick with you on a hike. Susan does something amazing with baked fruit.

Location was great. Just five minutes from town. Easy access to Point Reyes National Seashore.

I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jinglechick
Great Gransden Cambs
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We dont usually stay in B and Bs when travelling in California but this one caught my eye and I am so glad it did. John and Susan are excellent hosts. The Skane room is spacious, bright and comfortable. Downstairs we had the use of the guest dining room where we could make drinks at any time and chat to other guests. Hot and cold Swedish breakfasts were delicious. Point Reyes itself is a fascinating place to explore and we look forward to returning on our next trip to California

Room Tip: Skane room is upstairs with a small balcony and distant but peaceful view of the bay
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gloria02
Pebble Beach, California
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights at this cute farm just outside Point Reyes Station's town. The room was large and comfortable, and the bed was great. We had the Olanda room, with two twins made into a king bed. We could open the sliding door at night for fresh air and the sounds of the countryside. The curious alpacas watched us come and go all weekend. We only had breakfast there one morning as the B&B hostess was away, but enjoyed our swedish pancakes, sausages, and fruit.

We initially missed the turnoff into the farm, as the driveway is just after the road turns back to 55 MPH and the sign is small. The big gate on the right at the top of the driveway opens automatically into the parking area and entrance to the B&B - slightly confusing when one first arrives.

A very pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank TracyTraveler
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed September 28, 2011

This is one of the strangest reviews I've had to write because I have nothing to add to all the positive and complimentary comments made by previous reviewers. I agree with them all. There was not a hint of a negative to our stay. Just go there. I'm sure you will love it!

Room Tip: If you want to see Tamales Bay, that is only seen in the distance from the balcony of the room on th...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank FandB2
Lodi, California
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We spent two nights in the Skane room, which is upstairs with a balcony, with a nice view, isolated on its own level and very quiet. Our experience was all good and I would recommend the Farm to anyone who enjoys a farm/rural setting. While it is true there was no full length mirror in our room, for the life of me, I can't imagine anyone planning to spend the day hiking trails or exploring beaches actually looking for one. There was no TV in our room, which we preferred, but understand one can be requested. As for the breakfast, it was excellant and my baby complained on the way home that she hadn't asked for the receipe for the Swedish pancakes and muffens. So am I...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I recently visited the coast and found this b & b by accident. I am impressed with the room size since some b & b has small room. Owner is there but is not imposing on guest. A quiet place, friendly sheep and beautifully decorated rooms. Early evening it serves port and it is wonderful.

After living in hong kong for a while now and be able to stay here for a couple of days is a real treat!

• Stayed September 2011
#3 of 5 in Bodega Bay
Point Reyes Vineyard Inn
Point Reyes Vineyard Inn
#4 of 15 in Point Reyes Station

Been to Lingonberry Farm? Share your experiences!