“Oasis in Point Reyes Station”
Review of Pine Cone Diner - CLOSED

Pine Cone Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed May 20, 2014

So we were a little less than a 1/4 tank of gas driving north through the Point Reyes National Seashore area and decided to plug into our GPS to find the nearest gas station. We arrived in Point Reyes Station only to find the solitary gas station was not selling any gas due to a car accident that had occurred earlier on the site. We needed to regroup and find rest room facilities and so we drove down the block and parked in front of the Pine Cone Diner.

So glad that gas station was out of gas! We would have missed a great diner in the tradition of diners! This place is more than your average diner.

We both got the Mocha Chocolate Shakes which are amazing with fresh whipped cream on top and great coffee flavor. And ordered and we split the Fried Oyster Salad, which had five of the most succulent, tasty, and meaty oysters I have ever tasted. The salad included mixed micro greens, hard boiled egg, avocado slices, pickled red onion and a wonderfully light yet delightful 1000-Island dressing.

The breakfast plates we saw being ushered to other tables looked fantastic as well. The service was excellent, the ambiance is a throwback to a simpler time, one much needed and welcomed as well.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

It's hard to decide if this place has been a diner since the 1950s or is doing a spot-on impression of a diner from the 1950s, down to the waitress hollering questions into the kitchen and a no-frills menu. After the ordering experience, I was surprised by how tasty the food was. It was nothing fancy, but it was well-made and hit the spot.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I enjoyed the Huevos Rancheros very much. They, and the beans, were covered with fresh tomatoes, cheese, and other items. Yummy.

My husband enjoyed the pancake. He said it was cooked just the way he likes it.

The wait persons were polite and helpful.

It looks like a good place for people who prefer down-to-earth, natural food. I plan to return (I have eaten here once before--for lunch) and I recommend it to other travelers.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The Pine Cone Diner is a retro feel place with great coffee, local chatter, super breakfast!
We had wonderful food & service here & hey, the locals go so you can feel like part of the "in" crowd:)

1  Thank sacAsha
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This little diner was quite nice. I had pancakes my wife had trout. Both were great. The mocha milkshake hit the spot as well. Great service. Nothing too fancy, but a solid breakfast/brunch.

1  Thank SFTexan