“Best Breakfast around town:)” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Waitstaff
Sacramento, California
“Best Breakfast around town:)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

The Pine Cone Diner is a retro feel place with great coffee, local chatter, super breakfast!
We had wonderful food & service here & hey, the locals go so you can feel like part of the "in" crowd:)

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank sacAsha

New York City, New York
“Nice breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

This little diner was quite nice. I had pancakes my wife had trout. Both were great. The mocha milkshake hit the spot as well. Great service. Nothing too fancy, but a solid breakfast/brunch.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank SFTexan
Ibiza, Spain
“Felt like a movie!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

I'm from the UK and visited Point Reyes to stay with friends. I woke one morning wanting to have breakfast in a genuine American diner. We looked this one up and the waitress was reviewed as rude. It sounded perfect. So we went down late and sat in a booth. The waitress recommended bread type, egg type etc (it's just too much choice for us Brits), the food was great (I had corn beef hash, eggs over something or other). Coffee flowed. As we sat there a sheriff walked in, his handcuffs rattling and his gun in his holster. I felt like going to the rest room and climbing out the window! There wasn't a window. It was a Hollywood experience with good food. My only real complaint is the waitress was really helpful.

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank Dave C
Menlo Park
“Finest kind”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

After seven years of dining here a dozen or so times a year, it's time to update my 2006 review. Food here shines with quality ingredients and terrific preparation, mighty tasty. As for pricing concerns, in addition to quality sourcing of ingredients, workers here are above the norm so they actually can have a life when not on the job. True, you would not come for obsequious service but that's not a restaurant feature I value. I do appreciate prompt goos service which is a strength here. Finally, I love that it is open seven days a week so I need never be disappointed when reveling yet again in Point Reyes environs.

• Visited November 2013
Sacramento,Ca
“Overpriced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

We visit this town about 4 times a year and had not eaten here yet so we tried it this morning . We won't be back. Husband had chicken fried steak that was so over fried it was about black and tasted like it went thru the dishwasher. I had eggs over med that we're over super hard with soft bacon. The biscuit was cold and the gravy did not have any flavor.. 36 bucks later we were so upset we ate there. Oh 1 pancake was 4.25 really for some flour! Lesson learned there are much better places to eat when you visit this town. Oh and no one even asked us if we like our meal . I did over hear them complain that someone did not leave a big enough tip tho, pretty tacky!

• Visited November 2013