“Perfect patio”
Review of Station House Cafe

Station House Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mesa Road
Transit: West Marin Coach travels twice daily from Central Marin.
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Visited with 4 other family members on a return trip from Point Reyes National Seashore. It was mid afternoon on a beautiful sunny day. We were seated immediately on their lovely patio to the right of the main dining room and bar. Our server was very personable and knowledgeable regarding the menu as well as being attentive throughout our visit. Two of us had clam chowder that was excellent. Our server suggested the pulled pork sandwich and reuben. We had both and they were delicious. The cole slaw they served with the pork was very good and fresh which is not always the case with slaw. Though we were sufficiently satisfied with our meals, we decided to have dessert which was a brownie sundae....as expected a perfect way to satisfy a sweet tooth. If you're looking for a casual place, this would be a good choice.

1  Thank Vivienne H

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We've visited Point Reyes three times in the last three years, and we always make time to stop at the Station House Cafe. If you're trying to get dinner on a weekend, I suggest making a reservation because they usually have live music, and the place is always packed. The menu is always changing, at our most recent visit, he got the Sole, and I got the Lamb over polenta, which I generally hate, but soaked in lamb yumminess, I practically licked my plate clean. They have a good beer selection, but the bar seemed like it must be understaffed for busy nights, any time we got another round it took a really long time (we had two people come up and ask if we'd like another beer while we were waiting for our beer). The bread, for a starter, was good. We ordered the Calamari and it was good, but bordering on overdone. In the past we've gotten pork chops, mussels, oysters, and we've never been disappointed. There is lots of outdoor seating, which looks great, and they have heat lamps. We were seated by the door, and I think the server came over three times to ask if we were cold, or if I wanted her to shut the door (I was fine, but it was nice service). We took our parents here at the last trip. They tend to be pretty hard to please, and even they found something on the menu they enjoyed.

1  Thank Kimberly M
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and I have been coming here for over fifteen years, since well before we had kids, and on a recent family visit, the Station House did not disappoint. Everything was good, but the star of the show was the cioppino, loaded with shrimp, clams, mussels and half a sizeable crab. It was so good that I didn't even mind the mess caused by all the crab-cracking. The place is relaxed and unfussy, just doing what it does and doing it well. A great place to come after a day spent enjoying nature in one of the world's great seashore reserves.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is a fun cafe to go to with your partner or family. It is casual and relaxing, during good weather there is a patio to sit. The food is super & staff friendly. You can go here to eat or drink, there is a warm inviting bar area. I highly recommend this cafe:)

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Seriously. Anyone who has traveled to or through much of coastal Marin, in search of a place to buy cheese, or a place to eat dinner, has discovered if you are there on Tuesday, you are out of luck.
One oasis is the Station House Cafe in Point Reyes Station. In addition to being open on Tuesdays, they are also open during that sketchy time of 2:00-5:00 PM, when so many others are closed. Service between lunch and dinner is in the bar, and while it is an abbreviated menu, if you are looking for fresh oysters (raw or barbecued) burgers or fish and chips, and the most wonderful mac and cheese swimming in Toma (a local melting cheese that was MADE for comfort food--and anything else!) then look no further. Full bar, with local beers and wines included.
Also opened for breakfast, lunch, dinner and brunch. closed Wednesdays, but then, everything else is open.