“A Near-perfect Day”
Review of Station House Cafe

Station House Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mesa Road
Transit: West Marin Coach travels twice daily from Central Marin.
Lafayette, California
“A Near-perfect Day”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The weather was great so we ate outdoors on their delightful patio. The service, but for one tiny departure flaw, was outstanding. And the food was marvelous. We've been here before but had never eaten on the patio due to weather. My wife's wild mushroom sandwich was excellent as was my pulled pork.Our server failed us in only one respect: when we left she handed me my receipt and said, "There you go, have a nice day." Given I am a traditionalist I still believe nothing can top "Thank you." The busser was outstanding and told us, when we volunteered that everything was excellent, that he was pleased. He also volunteered "Thank you for coming in" and seemed very sincere.

• Visited March 2013

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Friendly atmosphere, good prices, great food”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was made to feel really welcome here, a couple of things weren't available on the menu but alternatives were suggested. The food was fantastic and the drinks selection is good too.

• Visited May 2012
Michigan
“Average & Overpriced”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast for two shouldn't come to $30. The saving grace was the coffee, very good coffee. Service left a lot to be desired. Got the impression it's their thing, servers with a put off attitude.

Sacramento, California
“Service and food not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We have been coming here for years and have always enjoyed the service and food. Our last visit the service was not good. I felt like I was an intruder and not a guest. The food was not as good either, we always splurge and get the oysters, clams and mussels but they are not worth what they charging. We also really enjoyed their popovers but they were slightly burnt, hard and crusty. Maybe we just came on a bad night, but I don't think we will be returning.

• Visited February 2013
California
“Always great food, but service has "attitude"”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have eaten here many times over the years. What I have found our last two visits is that the service is with an attitude that you are "lucky" to get service. This is Point Reyes Station for goodness sake--drop the attitude!

Visited February 2013